seven

12 October 2020

"Harry!" Addie shrieks as I tug her up from the hotel bed, her body flailing in the air as I force her to wrap around me

I smirk at her reaction, feeling her grip onto me with a shocked face. Her pretty eyes burning into mine as she hangs off of me like a koala, her legs tight around my waist.

"Hi pretty girl." I grin, leaning forward to nudge my nose against hers.

A soft laugh leaves her lips, nudging her nose back against mine in contentment while hanging off of me.

"We're going out." I tell her, her eyes widening ever so slightly in shock as she turns to look out the hotel window.

"It's raining." She states, turning back to look at me confused.

"Exactly."

She frowns, not understanding where I'm going with this but that's fine. Sometimes she's a little slow but I'll always still love her the same, she's my girl.

I walk towards the hotel room door, sliding my feet into some old trainers before opening the hotel door. "Harry!" Addie shouts, "I haven't got shoes on!"

Laughing, I continue down the hotel hallway. "You don't need shoes, baby." I promise, watching as she gives me an unsure look like I'm going to shove her out in the rain or something.

"What?!" I laugh, she's still giving me a dirty look. "Come on m'girl, stop with that look!"

She breaks from the bitchy stare, laughing at herself as she moves her hands from my shoulders to cup the sides of my neck with the softest smile playing on her lips.

"Your hair is getting long." She tugs at the curls at the nape of my neck, brown eyes glistening in the warm artificial hallway lighting.

My lips purse in thought, "should I cut it?"

She shakes her head in an almost panic, "nope! Absolutely not, you look so pretty like this." She twirls my curls around her fingers, scratching at my scalp while she smiles down at me.

"Pretty? M'not pretty." I pout, her face lighting up in this form of joy that never fails to make my heart melt into a puddle.

"Would you rather I call you..." She breaths, tugging at my hair harder. "Hot?" She questions, tugging on my hair again. "Handsome?" Another tug. "Hunky?"

I belt out a loud laugh, "hunky?"

She wiggles a little in my arms, grinning ear to ear. "Yeah, another manly word for handsome seeing as you won't let me call you pretty."

"Fine, call me pretty."

She looks like she's just won in life when I say that, leaning closer to my ear and breathing softly. "Pretty boy."