ninety one

Warning: mentions of addiction

10 April 2022

"Addie... calm down." I chuckle, watching her rush around the room stressed. I don't know why she is, she's just been overly anxious and paranoid since she's been back in my arms.

She hasn't wanted to leave my side, to the point of her squeezing beside me in the hospital bed and crying, telling me she can't go home without me. I can tell something is wrong, that something is playing on her mind especially considering she doesn't sleep and instead traces over my tattoos with her gentle touch.

Obviously, she's not telling me what's wrong but it's affecting her a lot. I wish she'd tell me but if she's not ready then I won't push her to tell me. I'll just comfort her while she cries until she's ready, remind her that she's safe and that I love her.

She exhales a shaky breath, turning her head to look at me. "W-what if your wound rips open? Or...or it gets infected an-"

"Adalaide." I gently pinch her chin, turning her head so her eyes meet mine.

I can see anxiety swimming through her rich eyes, swirling and weaving around and practically screaming at me to notice. My hands slide up to cup her jaw, her skin soft and delicate under my palms while my thumbs begin to trace little circles on her cheeks.

"Calm down." I whisper through a breathy laugh, "I've been here for over two months now, baby, I'm perfectly fine to come home." I remind her, "I'm ready to be home with you and our babies, our little sunshines have missed having both their Mumma and Daddy home."

A small smile appears on her face, "they have missed us being home." She whispers, her brown, honey eyes flicking between mine.

Then I kiss her, my lips pressing lovingly against hers. Her lips feel so soft and new against mine, having not kissed her properly in over two months has made this feeling so indescribable.

I never want her anywhere else than pressed against my body, our lips moving together perfectly, like lyrics written beautifully to the melody of a song.

She pulls back breathlessly but I follow her lips, pushing her against the wall so she can't escape and my lips fall back onto hers before she can suck the air into her lungs.

A shocked little whine leaves her, vibrating against my lips while her hands fist at my hoodie trying to cling onto me so she doesn't pass out from the intensity of the kiss.

My feelings and thoughts are all over the place, I feel like crying but also ripping her clothes from her body and burying myself inside her.

Again, she pulls back. "Har-" I kiss her again, unable to stop myself and she laughs softly before pulling her head back a third time and quickly reaching up to press her thumb against my lips.