sixty one

30 June 2021

"Gotta get the berries, Daddy!" Posie tells me, my eyes going to her as she stands on a dining chair that she pushed against the fridge so she can reach fruits on one of the higher shelves

"Be careful, careful." I rush to her aid, grabbing a punnet of strawberries off of the shelf and handing them down to her before helping her jump off of the chair.

The girls are definitely the best help I could ask for, every morning since Addie's been home they've been insisting we make her breakfast in bed. Since she's been put on bedrest it's been the girls favourite thing to do, they love making her food and taking it up to her.

I think the novelty will eventually wear off but for now I'm making the most of having two little helpers.

Addie quite likes being in bed all day, she obviously can come down here and do things but she's been advised to stay off of her feet. She loves that I will literally get and do anything for her, she also gets to watch tv and eat snacks all day.

Despite everything that happened she's been extra smiley but also extra cuddly which I'll never complain about.

I'm proud of her because she's been so strong. The whole thing scared her, it scared me, yet she's come out the other side stronger.

"What else do we need for Mumma's breakfast?" I ask the girls, Capri sitting up on the counter beside the tray that we're putting food on for Addie.

Capri purses her lips out as Posie pushes the punnet of strawberries onto her counter beside her sister, "juice!" Capri tells me, pointing to the fridge where the juice is kept.

I head to the fridge, grabbing out the carton of orange juice before heading back to the girls and filling a little glass with the orange liquid.

"An' flowers!" She points to the bouquet of white roses and tulips that are held in brown paper, resting on the counter top.

Every morning since we've been home, the girls and I have gone to the florists and picked up some flowers that the girls think Addie will like. She's had pink tulips, daffodils and white tulips and roses.

Addie adores getting woken up to flowers.

We've made her some waffles, covered in chocolate sauce with a pot of strawberries and a smaller pot of melted white chocolate so she can dip them in. Not the most nutritious breakfast but she's been having strong cravings for chocolate.

She cried this morning because she wanted chocolate so bad.

My poor girl.

"Is this ready for Mumma?" I gesture to the tray, Posie standing on her tippy toes to be able to see it.

"Yep, looks good daddy!" Posie giggles softly, walking around the counter and grabbing the flowers off ready to carry upstairs.

She's been really worried about Addie but she sits upstairs with her and gets to talk to her baby brother.