twenty eight

8 December 2020

I can feel tiny fingers on my face

"Mumma." The gentlest whisper of my name comes from Posie, my eyes peeling open and seeing her pretty eyes that match mine immediately.

A yawn escapes my lips from being woken up, temporarily not being able to see Posie in front of me before opening my eyes fully again and sending her a smile.

"Good morning, Sweet P." A soft giggle leaves her lips, her palm flattening against my cheek as she smiles sweetly at me.

"Morning! Did you sleep good?" She asks me, ever so gently drumming her fingertips against my cheekbone.

"Mhm I did darling, did you?"

She nods enthusiastically, "but Cece kicked me though." I smile at that, the gentle pout on her face as she continues to watch me rest on the same pillow as her.

"I'm sure she didn't mean too." I reassure with a smile on my face.

Since moving into the new house we've all been sharing a bed, a habit that hasn't been broken since moving out of Niall's.

The girls find great comfort in being close to Harry and I ever since everything that happened. In all honesty, I'd rather them sleep in bed with us until they're ready to sleep in their own beds.

When we started buying furniture and moving the first thing Harry and I sorted was both Capri and Posie's bedrooms because we wanted them to have their safe spaces sorted.

Posie is already extremely attached to her new bedroom, her and Harry painted the walls the softest pink colour and he took her out to pick all her furniture so she could have the perfect space for herself and be involved in the process.

The giggles that came from that room while they were painted made my heart incredibly happy, she loved feeling involved.

Her room is truly beautiful, I would have dreamed of a bedroom like that as a kid. The furniture is all white, a desk in front of the window like Harry suggested and Posie specifically requested a picture of her and Matteo on her desk.

She kind of understands that she has star parents and earth parents but she is only six years old and death isn't a concept she understands.

I try my best to explain it to her whenever she asks, she has a star daddy and a star mummy and whenever she is sad I always make sure she knows that she can talk to them.

Even though her biological mother wasn't a good person I don't think right now it's appropriate to speak to her about, she remembers parts of the accident but she was only two when it happened.

Carefully, I lean up on my pillow to look over at Harry who's led on his back with his hair a mess on the pillow. His chest rises and falls slowly with Capri led completely on top of him, she must have climbed on top of him and fallen back to sleep.