nine

warning: domestic abuse

there's a lot of pictures in this chapter, Harry is looking through the photo album!

16 October 2020

"Is she feeling better?" I speak down the phone to Addie, sitting on the bed in my hotel room alone

I haven't seen her since I picked Posie up from school two days ago. I stayed for dinner and helped her put Posie to bed before I went back to the hotel and then yesterday I spent time with Gemma and my mum but texted Addie throughout, today however I've been craving the sound of her voice.

"Loads better, she's back to her usual smiley happy self." I can hear the smile in her voice as she talks, I can also hear the girls chatting away and a movie on in the background that I assume they're watching.

I smile, "I'm glad. I'll have to come over soon to hang out with them."

She lets out a soft laugh that has my heart fluttering in my chest, "they'll love that. Capri is trying to steal the phone, hold on." I'm smiling to myself as the phone is passed around, "hi Mister!"

I have to bite my bottom lip to not laugh as Addie corrects her, "you can call him Harry like P does, little sun." There's a few moments of silence, "hiya Harry!" My name comes out a little jumbled because of her baby lisp but my heart melts.

"Hi Capri!" I push excitement into my voice, smiling so bright my cheeks hurt. "Mumma said you're feeling better?"

"Oh yeah!" She giggles, "can we get ice cream cause m'better?"

"Of course we can! What's your favourite flavour?" I ask her, heart melting as she lets out a thinking hum before Addie whispers into her ear to clearly tell her what her favourite is.

"Ew mumma, not minty." Both Addie and I laugh at the disgust in Capri's tone.

"But that's mumma's favourite and my favourite!" I grin, mint anything is the way I go. I think it's because I chew so much gum that my mouth is just mint at this point.

"Yucky, uncle Niall says it's like toothpaste." She giggles.

I roll my eyes, Niall's always made fun of Addie and I for liking mint ice cream. After a few minutes of chatting away with Capri she gets bored and the phone is passed back to Addie who's still laughing softly after listening to mine and Capri's conversation.

"How have you been then, mumma?" I ask Addie, slouching back against the headboard to relax.

"You don't have to call me mumma, the kids aren't listening unless this is your way of telling me you have a mommy kink?" She laughs, questioning me and I can picture the exact face she's pulling in my mind.