。five 。

☆

the stars were one of astra's favourite things. like care of magical creatures, astronomy was also her favourite class. the idea of being inside of a solar system that could potentially be inside hundreds of thousands of other solar systems was immensely interesting in her opinion. while the lessons mostly focused on the stars and planets, astra liked to add onto those thoughts which included aliens, martians and unknown life forms.

interested in getting a high score for her astronomy NEWT, she wanted to complete everything that was given to her. it wasn't as hard to finish as arithmancy since she enjoyed the subject and she also managed to get permission from her head of house, slughorn, and professor dumbledore, the headmaster, that she could stay out in the astronomy tower outside of the rare lessons that involved staying up the tower as a class.

in the first week of october, astra made her way out of the slytherin common room and headed towards the tower, carful to avoid peeves. as much as she liked the taunting ghost, he liked to annoy filch and if filch found her, her might assume she was out of bed without permission and she could not be bothered to go through the process of making him believe her because she would never win and mrs. norris would most likely try and scratch her face off for defying filch.

after a quick trip to the kitchen and a small chat with the elves that worked in hogwarts, she got to the astronomy tower with a cup of hot chocolate, a blanket and a small bag. she sat down at the edge in front of the railing, looking at the sky, waiting for something to happen as if stars lived a lot. they didn't, but she'd heard there should have been a shooting star that night.

hearing a clunk of footsteps on the stairs behind her, she turned her head sharply but saw nothing behind or below her so she looked back to the sky but kept a hand on her wand, which was stuffed into the waistband of her leggings, under the slytherin quidditch jumper she was wearing. another stomp sounded on the metal stairs and she stood this time, the blanket still around her shoulders as she held the wand towards the stairs.

"lumos." astra muttered quietly and saw something flinch into nothingness but it disappeared. she lowered her wand slightly and the light reflected onto some round glasses. "potter?"

"yes?" he replied quietly.

"where's the rest of you?" astra questioned as she saw his hand come out of thin air and reach for his glasses.

"in bed." james retorted and astra stood up, walking down the small amount of steps to get to him, her blanket falling off her shoulders as she grabbed the invisibility cloak off him with ease.

"this is fucking insane!" astra exclaimed gleefully, handing it to him as he put his glasses back on. "where'd you get that?"

"my dad gave it to me ages ago. mum wasn't best pleased when she found it in my room, though." james replied as astra walked back up the stairs and he followed. "she looked as though she could hex him."