。twenty-nine 。

☆the next morning, astra got up and dressed before heading to the great hall

the next morning, astra got up and dressed before heading to the great hall. harley was still asleep and ready to attack astra with a pillow if she even stepped foot close to her bed. pheonix was still in his dorm so she decided to head down there. as she turned a corner closer to the great hall, she nearly collided with aurora who appeared to be holding splotch.

"hello. i was looking for you." aurora smiled kindly, handing splotch to astra gently.

"thanks." astra replied. "why've you got splotch?"

"sophia headed down early this morning and asked me to give him to you. she thinks she's been hogging him." aurora chuckled, stroking the cat's head gently. "he's sweet."

"yeah, sure is." astra hummed, smiling slightly as splotch rubbed his head on her cheek, purring.

"anyway, i'll see you around." aurora gave her one final smile and skipped off down the hallway.

"what did she want?" james asked as he walked up beside astra, the pair beginning to continue towards the great hall.

"she was giving me splotch back." astra answered, taking note of the slight scowl on james' face as he looked towards where aurora skipped off to. "what? you can't possibly be jealous."

"what? of course i'm not." james denied quickly. "why would i be? not like she kissed you at new years or anything."

astra chuckled at the expression on his face, flicking his ear, making him whine dramatically. since it was the weekend, breakfast was always served from the usual time but until later on in the morning. by the time astra and james had got back to the great hall, it was knocking on for 10:30am. it was mostly empty so the pair just walked to the gryffindor table and sat across from one another. many people from different houses were dotted around on tables that they never usually sat at, bar the slytherin's table which was, of course, filled with hostile, prejudiced dicks.

"good morning." sirius announced in a drawn out tone as he plopped beside astra, leaning on her shoulder, only to have her shrug him off in joking disgust. "rude. i'm very tired."

"how? you went to bed at around 9:00 and it's 10:30." james scoffed as he buttered some toast.

"i'm a growing boy, i need sleep!" sirius exclaimed, stabbing a sausage aggressively before putting it onto his plate.

"you're not growing much." astra hummed teasingly. "haven't grown since last year. don't get me started on your brain. that hasn't grown since the womb."

"oh, shut up, you whore." sirius scowled, snatching a bit of toast from astra's plate, taking a large bite from it and throwing it back down. he grimaced dramatically at the taste.

"lemon curd." the twins said in unison, sirius in disgust and astra in annoyance as she stared at her savagely bitten breakfast.

"how come you two are here anyway?" sirius asked. "i would've thought you'd rather sit on your own table."

"it's full of dicks at the minute." astra muttered, grabbing a new slice of toast to put lemon curd on.

"regulus is over there." sirius hummed, knowing how good the bond between them still was, despite his silent feud with regulus.

"as i said, it's full of dicks at the minute." astra repeated. regulus had been blanking her recently, ignoring every conversation she tried to start by either walking away or just pretending she wasn't there. "and i got fed up of waiting for harls and phoenix. james was already walking here so i just walked with him."

"i passed sophia, by the way." sirius said. "she was with peter. looks like they were heading for the greenhouses."

"yeah, she mentioned she needed to pick something professor sprout planted for her." astra mumbled, feeding splotch a few blackberries once he'd decided to settle comfortably across her shoulders.

"prongs, could you help with my transfiguration?" sirius asked after a beat of comfortable silence, pulling a crumpled piece of parchment from the back pocket of his jeans.

james nodded, "sure."

standing, astra grabbed the last piece of toast from her plate, muttering, "i'm going to find hagrid. i'll see you two later."

"yeah, bye." sirius smiled.

"see ya." james grinned and she sent him a small smile as she left the great hall.

{720}

sorry, it's short as fuck