。forty-two 。

☆

wind bit at astra's cheeks. she suddenly darted her broom downwards and lifted her bat, flinging away the bludger that was about to slam into phoenix, who was currently weaving his way towards ravenclaw's posts with precision. it was the right choice to add him to the team and astra wished he'd joined sooner.

cheers erupted from the slytherin's, growing out the booing that was coming from the ravenclaws. phoenix shot past astra with a happy grin, cheering for himself proudly. astra clapped a few times for him as he bathed in the attention, before shooting off to the other side of the pitch.

it was an extremely close match, the quaffle being flung back and forth between the two teams, scoring and missing until ravenclaw were up by ten points. leo batted the bludger towards astra who deflected it to the ravenclaw holding the quaffle. they dropped the quaffle and harley, who was underneath, snatched it from the air and sped towards the goal, shooting through the post on the left side.

regulus was side to side with the ravenclaw seeker, their shoulders slamming into one another harshly. he gritted his teeth and jammed into their side forcefully but they only did the same back. but the ravenclaw seeker wasn't looking for the snitch, they'd made the mistake of just following regulus' movements.

as astra slammed her bat into one of the bludgers about to hit pandora, one slammed into the end of her broom and flipped her off. her eyes widened and her free hand grappled for her broom, managing to latch on before she could fall to the sand. irritated, she pulled herself up with ease, straddling her broom again. leo sent a bludger her way and she batted it across the pitch, knocking the person that had hit her on his broom so he wobbled, although not as severely.

the ravenclaw seeker was getting more agressive with his shoved so regulus decided to shoot straight up as they were about to shoulder barge him, letting them smack into one of the stands. a golden blink of light caught his eye below him and he shot after it, feeling the ravenclaw seeker try to catch up behind him.

pandora flicked away the quaffle with elegance from the right goal, sending it in phoenix's direction. he caught it and shoved it underneath his arm, ducking underneath two ravenclaws flying his way. he threw the quaffle across the pitch to harley who managed to get a clear shot of the middle goal post due to the fact the keeper had been a little delayed in noticing who had the quaffle. she scored and slytherin cheered.

regulus reached forwards, fingers brushing over the glittering snitch but it shot off at incredible speed higher in the air. the ravenclaw behind him was watching his movements, chasing after him so regulus kept his arm outstretched, as if the snitch was still there, only just out of reach.

then, regulus was pulling his broom to a stop, tilting it upwards and flying above the stands. his fingertips brushed the golden snitch again and he pressed forwards on his broom, lifting off it. one hand gripped the front tightly as he lifted his legs onto the broom in an uncomfortable, crouched position, edging closer towards his target.