。thirty-three 。

☆

astra watched, alone, from inside of a compartment as the hogwarts express slowly came to a stop at the station. she sighed, standing up and grabbing her book from the seat beside her. she'd decided to leave splotch with sophia last minute, who was more than happy to care for the cat while astra was away from hogwarts. astra didn't feel right taking splotch back with her as the more she went back, the more dangerous it was apparently becoming for her to simply exist there.

she stepped off of the train, grabbing her trunk before finding her mother and father in the crowd. they had their familiar scowls on as they looked at her while she walked towards them. without a greeting, walburga gripped astra's arm and the three apparated back to 12 grimmauld place.

"take your things to your bedroom and then come down to the living room." walburga ordered as orion walked off into the kitchen.

astra nodded and took her trunk upstairs, checking that her half of the mirror was still stuffed under the piece of cardboard. thankfully, it was, even though it was unlikely she'd use it. closing her bedroom door behind her, astra walked down the creaking stairs, offering kreacher a small smile as he wiped picture frames, before entering the living room.

she sat herself down in an armchair, her mother and father sat on a sofa across from her. orion was leant back against the seat, eyes glaring while walburga sat up straight and stiff, hands folded neatly in her lap. astra slumped in her seat, crossing one leg over the other.

"why am i back?" astra inquired.

"sit up properly." orion demanded and she complied reluctantly.

"why am i back?" astra repeated.

walburga glanced at orion who nodded for her to explain, "tomorrow night, the malfoy's are coming to stay for a few days. their manor is having a lot of renovations that are going to take a long time. we decided they could stay here in the spare rooms for the time being."

"out of the goodness of your non-existent hearts?" astra grumbled, eyeing the way orion's fist clenched against the arm of the sofa.

"we are allowing them to stay," walburga continued, louder, "because you are to marry salem. things need to be arranged for that, dates confirmed and such."

"do i not get a say?" astra asked before scoffing. "who am i kidding? of course i don't."

"no, you don't. because, knowing what you have apparently become, you would rather spend your time with half-bloods and mudbloods. and playing quidditch." orion spat.

"i enjoy quidditch, and there are no rules against women playing it." astra muttered.

"maybe not, but there should be." walburga stated and astra wondered how a woman could find misogyny perfectly okay. "when you leave hogwarts, you will marry salem and settle down into a house. we have the land already. and there, you will continue the pure bloodline."