。thirty-five 。

(warnings: salem, sexual harassment, salem really needs to die in a hole)

astra tied a bobble around the end of one of her two french plaits, mind nattering away with itself as she did so. she was alone in her compartment and while that was boring, she was thankful salem hadn't decided to show up and taunt her for the train ride home. astra had got her wand back before she got onto the train and she spent some time trying to heal the wound on her stomach. it worked to some degree but it still hurt when she moved in a certain way. she sighed, standing up and tucking a book under her arm. after leaving the train grabbing her trunk, she started to walk down the station, looking at her steps. 

"hey! hello!" a cheerful voice yelled and astra looked up from her boots to see sirius barrelling towards her with a grin.

"hello." she replied simply, giving him a small smile, relived to see him. her throat still felt sore from her screams of agony, inflicted by salem and her parents all week.

"how're you feeling?" sirius asked: it was always a probability that she'd come back with new scars and a headache.

"i'm achey and i've got a few new scars, so nothing out of the ordinary, i suppose." astra sighed.

"here." sirius muttered, taking her trunk.

"thanks." astra mumbled, too tired to even consider declining his help.

"i was surprised when you actually used your half of the mirror." sirius hummed. "must've been bad."

"yeah. it was." astra cleared her throat and forced a smile to give her twin some assurance. "anyway, how was your week?"

"it was alright. hagrid asked for you on the first few days, kept forgetting you'd gone back for the week." sirius mused. "what would he want?"

"i asked him for some books to do with care for magical creates. it's more than likely that." astra replied, although she knew it was probably to do with witherwings.

"hurry up, you slow bitch, the carriages'll be leaving now." sirius joked, walking a few steps ahead of astra and she chuckled, speeding up.

they travelled back to hogwarts and astra immediately went to her dorm, muttering about how she needed a nap to her twin. he gave her a tight hug, a silent way of saying how relieved he was, before letting her go. a few hours later, she woke up just before dinner and decided to find her friends.

leaving the common room, astra strolled down the echoey hallways, finding them near enough empty. she pushed a piece of hair out of the way that had fell out of her plait, turning down another corridor and then up some stairs and through a door, heading for the gryffindor common room, which is probably where most of her friends were. although, phoenix could be anywhere with alex.