。nineteen 。

☆

astra walked towards the hufflepuff common room, dressed for slughorn's party. she had on some black trousers, chunky boots and a band t-shirt that was tucked into her trousers, a leather jacket over the top. she saw some gryffindors rushing past her from the hufflepuff common room, holding bottles of alcohol.

james spotted her, holding two bottles of firewhiskey, and moved towards her, "hey. after you've been to slughorn's, come to the gryffindor common room. we're having a new year's party. i'd like you to come."

"yeah, i'll be there." astra nodded.

james grinned widely, "good! you can bring, um, aurora, too. the more the better. you look beautiful, by the way."

astra thought beautiful was a large overstatement considering the only thing slightly fancy about her outfit was the boots and type of trousers she had on, "thank you. so do you."

so do you? astra, you need a course on communicating with the average human.

"thanks." james' grin didn't waver, his nose moving to try and push his glasses up.

"you should get new glasses." astra observed and he tilted his head questioningly. "i've noticed they keep falling down."

"you noticed?" james teased.

"i did." astra nodded, pushing his glasses up for him, causing him to blush lightly. "i'll see you later, potter."

"yeah, o-okay. see you later." james smiled, watching her walk away.

aurora left the common room, a pale pink dress flowing around her legs. her hair was down, curled and laying on her shoulders. she fiddled with her nails, looking down at them. astra walked towards her, giving her a smile, "aurora."

"hello, astra." aurora beamed.

"you look lovely." astra complimented.

aurora smiled bashfully, "you look lovely, too."

"shall we, um.." astra mumbled, not exactly sure how to go about a date. she held her arm out and aurora linked hers around her arm, smiling.

"we shall." aurora chuckled and astra nodded, the two beginning to walk towards where slughorn was hosting the party. "there's a party in the gryffindor common room and we can go there afterwards. i mean, if you want to. i'm guessing it'll go on for a while."

"yeah, i'm in. sounds fun." aurora nodded.

when they arrived, slughorn greeted them, outstretching his arms, one hand holding a glass of white wine, "astra, aurora! it's wonderful to see you both!"

"and you, professor." astra smiled politely.

"yes, thank you for the invite." aurora grinned.

"oh, no worry at all, miss smith. go, go, people are walking around with trays of drinks. butter beer, soft drinks, anything." slughorn urged them to go into the party properly.