。thirty-six 。

☆

a few days later, astra headed to the great hall, splotch sticking his head out of her robe pocket to observe their surroundings. since she'd gotten back, the cat had barely left her side, always itching to be close to her as if he knew what had happened while she was away.

"good morning!" phoenix beamed as he strode up beside her, weaving his arm through hers.

"is it?" astra grumbled and phoenix sent her a confused glance. "we've got double dada after our free period."

"shit, really?" phoenix groaned. "well, you've ruined my day, bitch."

"i didn't make the timetables!" astra shot back as she sat down at the gryffindor table, opposite remus and peter. "blame dumbledore."

"as if he puts any effort into the students lives." phoenix scoffed, grabbing the plate of sausages out of astra's hands swiftly.

"wh—"

"you ruined my day with that reminder. wait your turn." phoenix cut astra off, the young woman glaring at peter and remus when they both chuckled.

"knob." astra scowled, reaching for the bacon instead.

"d'you wanna skip it?" phoenix asked, placing the plate of sausages far away from astra when she went to reach for them.

"i want fucking sausages, that's what i want." astra snarled, kicking her friend in the calf with her boot swiftly and he whined in exaggerated pain. with a huff, as if it took oh so much effort, phoenix handed her the plate. "and i would, but grimm's about ready to make up a lie and kick me out of hogwarts."

"what did you do?" peter asked with a chuckle.

"i lit his desk on fire in detention." astra muttered and he sniggered. "but i didn't even do it on purpose, and i almost immediately put it out."

"you didn't do it on purpose?" remus asked, raising an eyebrow.

"no. i was only supposed to set fire to that creepy little clay thing he has on his desk. hit the table instead. but in all fairness to me, i wasn't looking at it, i was keeping an eye on the door." astra explained.

"the point that was supposed to benefit you, only made it worse." remus smirked.

"piss off." astra shot back in a joking tone, taking a bite out of her bacon.

"what's he done now?" james inquired as he and sirius sat down, sirius beside remus and him beside astra.

"what d'you mean, 'now'—"

"bullying me." astra cut remus off, pointing her fork at him. "abusing his peers."

"you deserve it." sirius grinned.

instead of giving him a verbal response, astra grabbed the jar of lemon curd by james and opened the lid. she scooped some onto a knife and slapped it down onto sirius' hand. he gave a loud, high-pitched squeak as if the lemon curd had burned into his skin and multiple people glanced over at them as astra grinned, eating more of her breakfast happily.