。nine 。

☆

harley woke up to a peck on the window of the dorm she shared. looking around the room, she noticed astra still rolled over on her side in bed, eyebrows twitching as she dreamt horrors. splotch noticed the way astra's hands curled into her bed sheets and nuzzled his way under her palm, trying to calm her. eyes flickering to the window, harley's eyebrows furrowed noticing an owl there. it hooted happily when it made eye contact with her, glad to be noticed in the cool november air.

yawning, harley moved to open the window, the owl flying through and landing on astra's drawers, dropping the letter from its beak. harley gave their chin a small stroke and handed her a treat from someone else's drawers. the owl hooted again thankfully and flew out of the window. picking the letter up, harley noticed it was addressed to her but she didn't know who's handwriting it was.

opening it, she started to read:

bring astra down to the gryffindor common room - sirius

it was followed by the password to the gryffindor common room. placing it on the drawers again, harley shook astra softly, "you gotta get up."

almost immediately, astra was awake, sharply sitting up and looking at harley as if her friend was going to hurt her. smiling faintly at her friend, astra sighed and strode splotch who rolled onto his back, pawing at her hands, nibbling her fingertips happily.

"why? it's the weekend?" astra asked.

"sirius wants you to go to the gryffindor common room. but first..." harley trailed off in a grin, "happy birthday!"

"oh, please fuck off." astra groaned into her palms.

"i got you a present, too." harley beamed and handed her a mug.

"thanks." astra grumbled, genuinely thankful for the gulf although she hated her birthday: nothing but past memories came up on celebratory days. she ripped the packet open and read the mug, "'out of all the cunts in the world, you're my favourite'. how very sweet of you, darling."

"i know, wonderful, isn't it?" harley laughed and astra joined her, getting out of bed.

the pair got dressed, harley in black denim shorts and a grey t-shirt with fishnets under her shorts while astra pulled on some plain black trousers, her quidditch captain jumper over the top. they grabbed their presents for sirius, the boy much preferring his birthday more than his twin. splotch also decided to stay with her by sitting across her shoulder. they made their way to the gryffindor common room after looking for phoenix who was no where to be seen apparently. they passed a hufflepuff on the way and asked about sophia but they were told she was still snoring.

harley muttered the password to the fat lady who smiled and opened the door. astra pushed harley into the room and and her loud gasp came afterwards. peaking her head around the door, astra forced back a laugh as the fact harley was now covered in red slime and topped off with feathers.