。fourteen 。

(WARNINGS!!! verbal and physical abuse, fat shaming, sexual assault/rape but i don't go into much detail

(WARNINGS!!! verbal and physical abuse, fat shaming, sexual assault/rape but i don't go into much detail. don't read if this makes you uncomfortable, it's a tough chapter, i am extremely serious.)

a week had passed during the christmas holiday and orion and walburga hadn't treated astra any better. if anything, their abuse became worse and more frequent. during meals, while kreacher was made to cook up average portions for regulus, orion and walburga, astra was left to have a slice of unbuttered, dry bread and a glass of water to wash it down. orion had started to use the cruciatus curse on her more often as well whenever she didn't do something quick enough for their liking. on numerous occasions now, walburga had used a perfectly innocent curse and twisted it to cut astra's soft skin when she didn't sit straight enough.

they hadn't harmed regulus, and that was all astra cared about.

sitting at her desk in her room, astra was writing up some transfiguration homework that mcgonagall had set, relaxed in a baggy jumper and some shorts. her bedroom door snapped open sharply and she straightened her back to look at her mother who scowled and glared at her. walburga strode towards astra, placing her hands on her daughters shoulders, long nails squeezing her skin painfully.

"get up." walburga snapped and astra stood up, pushing her chair under the desk. "kreacher!"

the elf apparated into the room before walburga could even finish his name, "yes, mistress?"

"get astra's ballgown from my wardrobe." walburga ordered and the elf nodded but was apparently still too slow as she kicked him and yelled, "now!" he disapparated from the room, appearing seconds later with a large amount of material covering his small body and head. walburga took the dress from him, kicking the elf again to make him leave the room, which he did. "put this on."

"what's it for?" astra questioned as she took the dress from her mother.

"a ball at the malfoy's manor." walburga replied. "try to look decent for once. you need to make a good impression. change, now."

astra nodded stiffly and walked into her bathroom, tugging on the dress. it was pretty, she couldn't deny that, but it was the type of pretty that fit anyone but herself. it had a tight bodice and a skirt that attached at the waist, flowing down her legs. the bodice was beaded, strings at the back to tighten it. long, sparkling sleeves covered her arms, shielding anyone from seeing the few scars on her arms from injuries where she'd tried to heal herself with spells.

she left the bathroom, walburga waiting for her, examining her transfiguration homework, "your handwriting needs improvement. it's sloppy."

"i've been doing a lot of writing: my hand cramped." astra said.

"that is no excuse." walburga denied and span astra around sharply. she grabbed the strings at the back of the corset.

"mother, i have already tightened it." astra said.