。six 。

☆

october moved quickly at hogwarts and soon halloween was approaching. sophia had told her group of friends about the halloween party that would be hosted in the hufflepuff common room, which was usually a common theme as the house always threw amazing parties. phoenix, harley and astra were all invited as well as a few stray slytherin's who weren't discussing how happy they were to witness voldemort's rise in power.

the three slytherins and lone hufflepuff sat in the great hall on the hufflepuff table. a majority of the slytherin's didn't exactly treat sophia's extraordinary hair, makeup and bright, homemade clothing with a smile so they opted for her own table, who were happy to include the three in green. their conversation was about everything and nothing, really, phoenix's dramatics loud enough for the hall to hear random moments in their chat which confused them without having context.

"moving on from phoenix's horrifying conversation topics, what's everyone going as for the party?" sophia grinned excitedly. "i'm going as david bowie!"

"oh, that's perfect for you!" phoenix agreed.

sophia nodded happily, "i already had half the wardrobe anyway. harls?"

"stevie nicks." harley replied with a small smile.

"oh, she's gorgeous." astra hummed.

"honestly, she was one of my gay awakening's." harley stated and astra nodded in agreement.

"i'm gonna be the fifth beatle." phoenix announced making the group laugh lightly. "i have a bowl cut wig and everything."

"fabulous. i'm going to be paul stanley." astra said. "i just need to make my hair very curly."

"who's paul stanley?" sophia questioned.

"the lead vocalist in KISS. he has the star makeup around his eye, but it's filled in." astra explained.

realisation dawned on sophia's face, "oh! he's attractive."

"i know, right?" astra agreed before she glanced at harley and then back to sophia, a smirk crawling onto her lips. "is lily coming?"

"yes. besides you three, she, marlene, mary and alice were the first i invited. and frank, of course." sophia explained. "she was very excited about dressing up, said she had many ideas."

"hear that, harls. maybe you can finally speak to lily." phoenix wiggled his eyebrows, grinning.

"i speak to lily." harley defended herself sharply.

"oh, yes, you do. sorry i forgot, what did you say the other day? i remember now. you said, 'lily... nice ginger-ness.' you said that to her face." astra smirked wider.

harley tried to fight the blush on her cheeks, "my mind was elsewhere."

"pretending to kiss lily." sophia spoke up, munching on a biscuit in tiny bites that often reminded astra of a rabbit without the sound.