。twenty-four 。

☆

the carriages pulled along the stone path, heading for hogsmeade. astra, harley, phoenix and sophia were crammed into one with sirius, james, peter and remus. all of them, minus astra, we're wrapped up in thick coats and even hats and gloves. astra just decided to wear a coat that was slightly thicker than normal. she didn't get cold easily, in fact that was her usual temperature.

"where're we going first?" sirius asked, still excited to go to the town even though they'd been coming for 5 years. they found the secrete passage to honeydukes cellar in their second year.

"i'd like to go to honeydukes." sophia spoke up.

"me too, i need more chocolate." remus muttered.

"how have you possibly ran out?" harley demanded.

"you have no idea how much he eats." james said, amused. "i've caught him eating it in his sleep once. i think it's just muscle memory at this point."

"dick." remus scowled jokingly and james blew him a mocking kiss.

"zonko's?" peter asked, relieving a large amount of overlapped calls of agreement.

"what if we go to honeydukes, then zonko's and then skim if anyone wants to go into shops that not everyone wants to go to, then we can meet at the three broomsticks." astra suggested.

"i like that plan." phoenix nodded, everyone agreeing. "oh, also, i'm meeting the clever fitty at 2 o'clock. he's coming a little later."

"'the clever fitty'?" sirius asked.

"phoenix's boyfriend." sophia answered. "he's a ravenclaw and apparently attractive."

"or maybe he's imaginary. it wouldn't be a surprise." astra joked, causing pheonix to tut at her. "or is he made up of sacks of potatoes?"

"i'll throw a sack of potatoes at you, if you're not careful, black!"

the carriage ride continued, playful jabs being sent around the group, laughter and chatter coming from them. the carriage stopped after around 10 minutes, leaving them to get out and begin walking around the town. they headed into honeydukes, remus making a dash for the chocolate section of the sweet shop while everyone else just browsed, picking up whatever they fancied.

astra grabbed a chocolate frog as well as some lollipops that made your tongue turn into an array of bright colours. james stood behind her, reaching to grab a packet of acid pops.

"you actually like those?" astra questioned.

james scoffed, "merlin, no. but i saw sirius grab some normal lollies, so i thought i'd switch the wrappers when he won't notice." astra chuckled, agreeing it was a smart idea, grabbing a liquorice wand. "could you pass me a cauldron cake, please?"

"sure." astra nodded, bending down to grab him one before handing it to him. "i'm done now. i'll wait outside."

"i can pay for those." james offered, gesturing to the sweets in her hands.