。eleven 。

☆

still in her quidditch uniform, astra headed down to the hospital wing, her broom still under her arm, too. she pushed open the doors, spotting james on one of the beds before madam pomfrey entered in vision. she gave the girl a once over, confused as to why she was there. she had only ever visited sirius in the wing and remus once or twice after a full moon. still, remus didn't know that astra knew about his 'furry little problem'.

"can i help you, miss. black?" madam pomfrey questioned. 

"i came to see potter." astra replied and she could see the surprise on the nurse's face.

"he might not he feeling up to visitors." madam pomfrey replied. "he's suffered some very nasty injuries, should take him all night to recover enough to leave."

"oh." astra grimaced, knowing she was going to absolutely throttle salem if she got the chance later. "can i put this on his bedside table? just a treacle tart. i don't like them."

madam pomfrey sighed and looked at james who was just laying with his eyes closed, "yes, i suppose that's fine."

she rushed off to the office attached to the wing and astra walked over to james' bed, placing the tart down on the table. the gryffindor's face was terribly bruised and had numerous cuts along it. his nose had been snapped back into place, but astra knew it would still be painful. he probably had a concussion, too. despite him being injured, she couldn't help but think he still looked pretty.

"being nice, astra? that's a change." james' rough voice snapped her out of it. 

"how d'you mean?" astra questioned, sitting down.

"i know a treacle tart when i smell one." james smirked, painfully tilting his head to her with slightly open eyes.

"i don't like them. thought it was the least i could do after my teammate nearly killed you." she replied and he gave a small laugh before groaning, his ribs hurting. "what damage has he done?"

"cracked ribs, broken nose, a few dislodged bones in my spine from the fall and an ugly face." james smiled.

"don't worry. your face isn't any less ugly." astra smirked.

james sighed dramatically, "when people visit you in the hospital, you expect flowers, cards, treats. but i get bullied. how rude of you!"

"i bought you a tart!" astra exclaimed, checking that madam pomfrey couldn't hear her. "i also bought your glasses back. they got cracked so i fixed them."

"you are being nice." james' lips pulled into a lazy smirk.

"here." astra chuckled lightly, holding them out but he tried to reach for them but stopped when his arm got to a certain point.

"can you put them on, please?" james winced, lowering his arm again. "my back's literally broken."

"tell anyone and i'll break it again." astra said but slipped them onto his face, carful to avoid his bruises. james blinked, his surroundings becoming clear again. he stared up at astra, smiling dreamily.

"i can see you now." james grinned and she moved back.

"i look like a right mess." astra said, tightening the ends of her french plaits. "always do after quidditch. i think it's the anger."

"i think you're wrong: you look beautiful." james complimented.

astra snorted, "you really are concussed, darling."

"'m not!" james objected and she raised an eyebrow. "okay, i am. but i'm not lying about you!"

"okay, don't get your wand in a knot." astra nodded.

james looked back at the ceiling before he gasped, astra thinking he'd started to hurt until he looked at her again, "you called me james."

"i didn't." astra denied, confused.

"you did, on the pitch." james stated, smirking when she clearly remember doing so. "told you."

"well, you seemed to forget your last name. but, to be fair, after that bludger and the fall, i wouldn't expect any less." astra hummed.

"still called me james." he said smugly.

"i will happily give that tart to phoenix." astra warned and james pouted mockingly at her. "when will you be out?"

"my bones should heal overnight but i'll have bruises and small cuts left over. things that don't necessarily need to be fixed with a potion." james replied.

astra nodded, looking down at her broom before giving him a small smile and standing, "i'll leave you to rest and also leave so madam pomfrey doesn't have my head on a stick."

"see you later." james grinned and astra left the hospital wing, quidditch robes swaying behind her.

astra had to force the smile off her face as she walked out of the hospital wing. after taking her broom back to her dorm, she headed to the showers, the hot water relaxing her tense muscles slightly. after spending around half and hour just standing under a steady stream of far too hot water, she got dressed and left the showers, her long hair now out of their plaits, curly and flowing down her back. she headed for the slytherin common room.

when she walked inside, loud music was playing and people were drinking and smiling, which would have probably come as a shock to the rest of hogwarts who merely saw the slytherin's as brooding, moody, plotting snakes, which a large part of them were in all fairness. astra pushed past a crowd of people who were drinking heavily, heading for the girls dorms.

harley was in their dorm when she got inside, "we won!"

astra couldn't hide her glee if she tried, grinning widely as she and harley hugged, "yes, i know! oh, this is the best day of my fucking life! nothing's gonna top this!"

harley laughed and agreed with her, pulling back from the hug, "me and phoenix were meeting sophia in the kitchens at midnight, that we we can celebrate without her being harassed by the stupid twats downstairs. you in or d'you want sleep or something?"

"i'm definitely in." astra smiled.

at midnight, harley headed out of the common room first, followed by phoenix and lastly astra. the black-haired girl got to the door of the dungeons before someone was grabbing her and spinning her so her back was pressed to the wall. seeing salem was the one currently holding her wrists made her roll her eyes.

"what could you possibly want, you overgrown man-child?" astra questioned.

"for you to stop hanging around with blood traitors and mudbloods." salem hissed.

"i can do as i please, malfoy." astra replied confidently.

"what would your parents think to you befriending that mudblood hufflepuff, and two half-bloods that think of themselves as important? you've even began mixing with potter." salem spat, disgust on his face. "and still laughing and joking with your disappointment of a twin."

"oh, you're really beginning to bore me with the whole 'what would your parents think'." astra rolled her eyes. "you really should give your argumentative points more flavour. i don't care what my parents do to me."

"perhaps not. but you care about what they do to regulus." salem smirked. "they know you're more bothered about caring for him than you are for yourself. nothing is stopping them from hurting him to force you onto the correct side of this war." astra's face stayed passive as he smirked at her. "so, i suggest you do as we tell you before regulus ends up unable to move."

shoving salem off of her, astra turned away from him and out of the slytherin common room, heading out of the dungeons to the kitchen. despite the fact she didn't care what happened to her, or what had happened to her already, she did in fact care for regulus' safety. even though he was the favourite, astra knew for a fact he'd parents wouldn't have a problem with hurting him to force her to obey them.

{1310}

i hate this chapter sm