。sixteen 。

☆

harley stood with her parents waiting for any sight of remus or her friends. hope and lyall hadn't seen remus for 2 weeks either so they were eager to see their son again. but, before long, harley was able to catch sight of a brightly dressed man waltzing his way through the crowd of families. phoenix beamed at the other slytherin, running towards her and hugging her tightly. harley rolled her eyes as he rocked them side to side in an exaggerated way but smiled and hugged him back.

"oh, merlin, i've missed your ratty old t-shirts." phoenix mumbled. "you look great, by the way, babe."

"you look like peeves has just glitter-bombed you." harley shot back, smiling as she spoke.

"i don't. peeves doesn't have good enough dress sense to pair these colours." phoenix scoffed, gesturing to his glittering jacket. "hey, hope! that necklace is gorgeous! lyall, that shirt is very exotic and it suits you!"

"i told you it wasn't too much." lyall smirked at his wife who chuckled and leant into his side.

"mum, dad!" a voice called and the family turned to see remus weaving through the crowd, a smile making its way onto his scarred face as peter, james and sirius trailed behind him, people blocking their way.

the scarred boy hugged his parents quickly, his mum clearly demanding the hug to last longer. her turned to his sister and pulled her into a one-sided hug, kissing her face to annoy her, which worked as she shoved him off and punched him in the shoulder.

"good holiday?" hope asked, smiling.

"yeah, yeah, it was good. minus the whole—" remus cut himself off, noticing phoenix was there, "getting a bad cold for a few days. hey, phoenix."

"hey!" the slytherin said happily, his smile unwavering as usual.

"we've lost the little fucker!"

"he's not exactly little, prongs."

"okay, so, we've lost the not-so-little fucker!"

the rest of the marauders suddenly burst past a large family, stumbling towards the lupins and phoenix. they grinned at hope and lyall, greeting them. they split into conversations, asking about christmas and joking about sirius' hair, which caused a near-panic attack from the dramatic gryffindor.

"i told you four to slow down! you know how busy the station gets." euphemia potter called as she caught up to the group, her husband, fleamont, only a few steps behind her.

"they're fine, dear." fleamont said, moving to stand beside his wife, an arm wrapped around her waist.

"they could have been trampled, that's all i'm saying." euphemia sighed.

"they'd be more likely to do the trampling." fleamont hummed before starting a conversation with lyall.

"have any of you seen astra?" sirius questioned his fellow 6th years around him.