。ten 。

☆

rushing towards the library with a pair of boxes under his arm, regulus kept his head down, avoiding some of the suspicious glances from people, more gryffindors than any others. he shoved open the library door harshly, moving towards his older sister who was leaning over a book, doing some potions homework. he slammed the boxes onto the table.

"reggie, what a calm greeting." astra hummed sarcastically, not looking up from her parchment as regulus sat down.

"i told you not to call me that." regulus grumbled tiredly.

"you haven't minded until this year, reggie, why now, hm?" astra questioned, turning to look at her younger brother sternly. "new friends not fans of nicknames? should i just use your last name now? isn't that what you're doing with that group?"

"what are you talking about?" regulus asked, although he had a perfect idea of what she meant.

"the fact i only see you with death eaters now!" astra hissed angrily.

"they're not death eaters." regulus whispered back, shrinking slightly under her glare, although he saw the care behind the anger.

"yet, regulus. they're not death eaters yet." she responded, voice thick with anger. "i don't want you getting caught into that fight—"

"well, you're not me, astra." regulus snapped and she raised an eyebrow at him. "you can't control me and my choices because of what your mud- muggleborn and blood traitor friends have drilled into your mind."

astra stated at her brother in shock and slight disgust as the word 'mudblood' was about to flow off his tongue like poison, "i'm guessing you've had a letter, regulus. a howler, even."

"so what if i have?" regulus bit back sourly.

"what did they have to say? or spit, that verb would be more accurate." astra muttered, her eyes now blank of any emotion she usually conveyed when talking with her younger sibling.

"just about the christmas holidays, how we have to be back and the ball." regulus answered, shoving the guilt from his mind when he saw the emotionless expression on his beloved sisters face.

"if that's what you came to say, fuck off now, regulus." astra ordered, turning back to her books and parchment. "maybe you'll have an accurate mindset for tomorrows game."

"i came to give you these." regulus said. "birthday presents."

"it was a week and a half ago." astra stated.

"yeah, well, i decided i changed my mind about not getting you anything." regulus shrugged and pushed the boxes towards astra who grabbed them.

she read one and then the other, "this is for sirius. go and give it to him."

"no. you give it to him. say it's another present off of you." regulus denied. "i want nothing to do with him."

"clearly." astra muttered sarcastically, waving sirius' present around and regulus rolled his eyes. "i understand you're scared, regulus—"