。thirteen 。

(WARNINGS!! physical abuse, verbal abuse and kreacher is nice to astra btw cuz i like nice kreacher)

the black family apparated outside of a dark, dull street. a few moments passed by and the houses in a tight row began to shake, the muggles inside of them unable to sense any change as another house literally appeared out of nowhere. still keeping his stinging grip on astra's arm, orion strode into the house after regulus and walburga. as they got into the hallway, orion shove astra into the living room roughly.

kreacher apparated into the hallway, taking walburga and regulus' jackets and hanging them up for his owners, staring past orion's legs at astra, eyes wide with fear. despite having been taught to hate blood traitors and mudbloods, kreacher was always close with astra, the teenage girl always caring for him as greatly as she could within their toxic house.

astra looked up at her father who, if he was a cartoon, would have steam coming from his ears. he rose his hand and backhanded her sharply across the cheek, regulus flinching at the noise, his eyes trained on his perfectly polished shoes. walburga's expressionless face cracked into an evil smirk as she watched her daughter's cheek become red although astra did not make any sign of being in pain.

"how dare you?" orion asked, dropping his voice to a low hiss, his eyes staring down at astra with pure disgust. "how dare you speak to mudbloods and blood traitors as your equal! befriending a hufflepuff with blood as filthy as the bottom of your shoe! conversing with filthy, immature harlfbloods! how can you stand there so bold after speaking to your disgrace of a twin?"

astra stared at her father, face and eyes blank as she answered, "with legs."

another swift slap caught her cheek and regulus went to leave but walburga forced him to stay put in the hallway, her dark nails digging into his smart jacket. orion gripped astra's shoulders tightly, "i have already disowned one child for making my family look dishonourable, i'm not hesitant to doing it a second time! it was bad enough becoming captain of the quidditch team, disrespecting the man that should have gotten your spot! you are an awful excuse of a woman!" orion looked mad. demented, even, as he yelled at her, lips pulled into a tight line, eyes wide with rage and disgust as his child. still, astra made no sign of fear or pain which displeased her father greatly. "do you not have any regrets for what you have done for these years of your disgraceful, pointless, pathetic life of yours?"

"no." astra answered firmly, preparing herself for another slap.

instead, orion reached into his inside pocket of his suit and pulled out his wand. regulus' eyes widened largely and he then saw the first sliver of fear flash through astra's emotionless facade. walburga smirked at her daughter again, frowning when regulus broke free from her grip, storming to his father's side.

"father, ple—"

"be quiet!" orion roared, his face slowly reddening as his wand turned to regulus for a split second before he pointed it back to astra, looking regulus in the eye. "do you agree with her actions, regulus? is that what you are trying to confess as you interrupt me? do you find it acceptable to speak, befriend and laugh with dirty-blooded filth?"