Don't scare the baby.

There will be cussing in this.

Regressed Matthew.

Paw patrol silently played in the background while soft snores sounded throughout the living room. Nick and Chris tiptoed across the room, trying their best to not wake Matt up. As they got closer he shifted in his sleep, tossing and turning, they both immediately started whisper-yelling at each other, blaming the other for being too loud.

"Nick if you just stopped fucking creaking the floor then we wouldn't have to stop every five fucking minutes!" Chris snapped. Nick rolled his eyes, taking a deep breath, "If you keep being a crybaby then fucking do it yourself, walk over there by yourself." Nick argued, taking a step back, "I'd love to fucking see this." He grinned. Chris flipped him off, taking a few steps closer to his sleeping brother. Right when he went to lean down Matt's eyes shot open, pitched sobs replaced the snores. He was scared of the sudden situation, Chris was directly in front of him and he didn't expect it. It was like a jump scare to him. Matt crawled over onto his knees and tried backing himself into a corner. Chris desperately tried to calm him down, letting him know everything was alright, but nothing was working. In the moment of annoyance he turned over to his brother, "Fucks sake Nick, you fucking think this is funny? You did this!" Chris shouted. Nick's arms flew in defense as he started his brother down, "My fucking fault? Are you fucking kidding me right now?" Nick scoffed, dramatically pointing from himself to the other, "literally this is all on you and you are just gonna turn and blame me for doing this? I was way over here! Explain how it's my fault!?" They went back and forth, before they remembered their brother was still crying. "You know he gets scared when he first wakes up! That's when he is most vulnerable!" Nick slowly approached Matt, offering his arms out for him. Matt just stared at the open arms not completely sure what to do. Chris walked up and sat beside Nick, also offering his arms. Surely enough this helped him understand the current situation more.

A hug?

He could do that. He wanted to be comforted.

He dove forward into both of them, slightly squirming in their arms. His tears started drying as he calmly stayed in their hold.

"I'm sorry for scaring you." Chris kissed Matt's head, glancing over at Nick. He mouthed the word sorry to the other, letting him know that he was apologizing for losing it. Nick smiled, he hated how situations dropped instead of talking them out, but how could he be mad? He was fine holding the two most important people to him like this. He'd just have to have a private talk with Chris later.