Lost and...... Lost?

Regressed Nathan.

The triplets had to plan for their upcoming trip, they were going on a family vacation with their older brother and parents in two days and still had stuff to figure out. For example, who was going to watch over Trevor for a week? Who was going to check on their house while they were gone? Who was going to get the mail for them? They had been stressed, putting everything off until they only had a few days to solve their problems and now they were running out of time. They had invited their best friend, Nathan, over to stay with them to keep them company. He had been willing to clean and help them until they had to leave.

Today was less hectic though, Nathan was in the other room watching TV as Nick and Chris sat on the couch scrolling through their phones, not communicating at all and Matt was nowhere to be seen.

Chris and Nick, being the only two in the living room at the time, sat comfortably until Nick spoke up, getting Chris's attention, "Aunty will watch Trevor." He chuckled. "How do you know?" Chris asked, raising up. "She offered." Nick smiled, "Good, now we don't have to worry about him being alone." Chris leaned back, returning the smile to his brother. "Hey guys so I called and made it where any mail of ours will just be delivered and put at the office, alright?" Matt said as he entered the room. They nodded, surprised how he came out of nowhere. "So it won't come here?" Chris asked. "Yes. It's so we don't have to worry about our mail being stolen." Matt said as he took a seat on the couch next to them. "Good."

"Also I don't think we need to worry about someone watching the house. We already have cameras and neighbors that would notify the police if they saw anything suspicious so I think we will be covered." Matt glanced over checking for approval. "I agree." Nick sighed, laying his phone down, "honestly I think we will be good." "Then it's settled, we got it planned. All that is left is packing." Chris chuckled, "I can easily do that." He joked. "Chris you haven't solved anything so if you couldn't figure out how to put clothes in a suitcase then I'm not gonna be that surprised." Nick laughed.

The plan was simple, everything was good. They even planned Nate's way home. Since Nathan had a flight that same morning they would drop him off at the airport with them and everything would be perfect.

They went back to doing their own things, paying no mind to the other. They had forgotten that they had a visitor over until he entered the room with them. Nathan appeared through the arch of the doorway, lazily looking around for something. That's when he spotted Nick. He toddled over, almost tripping, into the other's arms. This making everyone on edge.

"Daddy?" Nathan called as he tugged on Nick's arms. He had the biggest smile on his face as he waited for Nick to put his phone down. "Yes Sweetheart?" Nick asked, moving hair out of his eyes. Nick was shocked to say the least, he had not expected Nate to regress at this time, but still played along. Especially since Nate tended to suppress his regression.

"I-I out!" He giggled, Nick raised a brow at this. "What was that baby?" He asked. Nathan just rolled his eyes and cuddled into Nick's hold. "How old are you sweetie?" Nick asked. Nathan perked up showing them three fingers. "Ah?" Chris chuckled, "older than normal." He reminded the others. "He is usually around one and nonverbal, this should be new." Matt spoke up. Nick nodded, "Baby? What's wrong?" He asked as Nathan tucked himself up into Nick's hoodie, forcing the other to lay with him. "Gimme?" He pouted pointing at Nick's hoodie. Nick slid his hoodie off and helped Nate wear it, making Nathan blush at how baggy it was on him. With the hoodie on Nathan ran to Chris and Matt, letting them baby and cuddle him. Nothing was different during times like this, Nathan was attached to being near them and loved the physical contact.

As they cuddled up time went by fast and before they knew it they were getting ready for bed. Nate had already surprised them earlier with his improvement of regressing to an earlier age, but it had seemed he had other tricks up his sleeves. He turned out to be a difficult toddler to put to sleep, he kicked and screamed not wanting to be put down which led to Nick staying up and watching shows with the little. He had already assured his brothers that it was fine and they could go to sleep and he could handle it, but the longer he stayed up the more he didn't know if he could do it, but he managed. Nathan had fallen asleep and Nick lazily carried him to the guest room before going back to his own room, quickly drifting off himself.

In the morning they woke up late due to Nate's tantrum he threw last night. With the off start to their day they were sure something bad was bound to happen.

They began packing, making sure to pack what was all needed, carrying them out to the minivan. They had felt something was off, but kept ignoring it, thinking it was just the nervous feeling of going on vacation. It had to just be an early case or homesick, right? As planned their aunt showed up taking all of Trevor's supplies with him, they talked to her about when they would be back to pick him up and what they could do to pay her back, but with them being family she assured them that they didn't need to pay her back anything, that she had it all under wraps. With that being taken care of they all went and got their showers, excitedly cracking jokes about their plans.

Before they knew it, it was actually time for their leave. They made their way to the van, making sure everything was locked behind them. They had a four hour drive ahead of them and didn't want to accidentally have to come back. So making sure everything was good was their top priority.

But they didn't check one thing.

Nathan was still asleep and regressed in the guest room, not knowing they had left him locked inside their house alone.