Blinded In The Night

Regressed Chris.

Chris rubbed his eyes lazily as he tried to look at the time, his eyes just wouldn't adjust and he was starting to get worried.

He's read all the terrible stories about people waking up and not being able to see and now he was in fear that he was going to become part of that percentage.

He felt a warm body beside him and shook them repeatedly with tears already welling up. He could see, just not that well. He just saw a glare of the nightlight in the corner, but other than that he was lost. The glare was fading by darkness clouding over it.

"Chris, what's wrong?" Nick groaned as he sat up, turning his phone's flashlight on for light to check up on his baby brother.

"Nicky- HELP?" He cried, latching himself onto Nick's arm, "I can't see.... Nicky!"

Nick tried to think clearly, obviously the kid didn't lose his vision like this just overnight, right? Maybe it was just the dark? Nick got out of bed and turned the light on, slowly bending down in front of Chris's face.

"Is that better sweetheart?" Nick asked, removing the hair out from in front of Chris's face so he could test his eyes again.

He glanced around the room in a freakish manner, tears rolling off his cheek as he held onto Nick's hand for support, "I good!" He whined as he bit his lip to stop himself from crying any more.

"It's okay baby, you were just scared." Nick shushed him, picking the smaller up to the safety of his arms.