What's The Difference?

Regressed Nick and Chris.

I apologize that this was rushed, but this idea has been itching me for a while so enjoy!

TW: cussing?

"Nick, come here!" Matthew shouted as he chased the little down the hallway, "I said come here!" He yelled once more as his hand finally came to a hold on the other's shoulder.

"sh." Nick grunted as he pushed the other's hand off of him.

Matt was taken back by the attitude he was receiving, "what was that?" He asked. He was met with silence as Nick rolled his eyes.

"Don't be smart with me." Matt ushered him by the wrist to the corner of the room, "stand here until you can tell me what is so wrong with listening to me."

Nick huffed, but stayed in the corner, seeing as there was nothing he could really do. He didn't want a spanking and running off would only lead up to that.

"I told you Chris felt sick, you knew this!" Matt took a seat, "I told you not to go mess with him."

"tch." The little grunted in the corner, still avoiding eye contact.

"It's hard taking care of you guys. I'm sorry, but it is. All I ask is for you to let him sleep so he doesn't get upset, but you ignored me." Matthew took his apron off, "I can't even make dinner without worrying something is going to happen."

Nick's temple slammed into the corner as he began hurting himself. At first Matthew didn't realize it, but after the third time he knew.

He jumped up and grabbed Nick by the shoulders," ay, ay, ay, don't do that. Stop, please. Listen to me!" Matthew held onto his shoulders as he let him nuzzle into his shoulder.

"It's been three days!" Nick cried as he pushed Matt back.

"Three days since what?" Matthew asked confused, "baby tell me!" He sighed.

"You've only been paying attention to Chris! Regressed or not!" He whined.

"What? That's not true!" Matt scoffed.

Nick took off running, maybe he was going to receive a punishment, but he didn't care.

He didn't understand why he was being put below Chris.

Hell Matt never even offered to be his caregiver! He helped out with Nick, but when Chris came out saying he was an age regression too, Matt immediately became his!

He dropped everything for Chris. No matter what.

Nick went to his room, slamming the door behind him as he weakly locked it, not forgetting to double check.

He was done. So done.

Matt had carried on with his day not even bothering to run after Nick. Nick always ran off like this, just like he always jumped to blaming Chris.

Nick was just jealous of Chris and his bond. That had to be it!

Later that night when dinner had been made Matt had only placed a plate in the microwave for Nick.

He grabbed a Mickey mouse plate with a sippy for Chris, he took it up to his room as the other had been put on bed rest for how high of a fever he had been running.

Usually they had eaten in the dining room so seeing as Matthew brought his food and his own food up was new.

He smiled as Matthew entered the room, "Daddy?" He whined.

Matthew chuckled lowly, "yes, I'm here baby."

That night they ate in Chris's room. Chris had asked when Nick was joining them, but Matthew only shrugged, brushing off the question that Nick had eaten earlier.

But truth being he didn't.

Nick had exited his room hours later seeing used plates in the sink and pots still prepped on the stove.

The microwave was carrying a plate full of food with only a childish paw patrol spoon.

He took the plate out and sat it at the counter, stirring his spoon around mindlessly as he sat alone.

The house was quiet, too quiet.

He tried to get the paranoia off his mind by trying the food, but as mentioned the food had sat there long ago, now gone cold.

It was no longer edible. He placed it back into the microwave hoping that he'd feel up to it later if he got desperate enough, but for now it could just sit.

The chairs scooted on the floor as he pushed them back in, going into his bedroom for the night.

He was used to sleeping alone. Matt had always taken Chris back to his bedroom so Nick had no other choice as he hadn't been offered, but to sleep alone.

The fan ran, making it chilly, he shivered, placing a blanket over himself, going to turn it off. Before getting back into bed for the night. He locked his door and grabbed a stuffed animal that he didn't mind sleeping with tonight. Tonight Darwin had been chosen.

Darwin stayed tightly between his arms as he cuddled into his body pillow.

Maybe he should take up on Malcolm's offer?

To be continued..?