What's The Difference? Pt2

Regressed Chris and Nick.

Malcolm knew of Nick's regression, of course he did. He actually knew of Chris's too..., But this is about Nick.

Maybe it was bad timing when he found out, but at least he knew and the whole process of going through explaining everything was over.

He was one of Nick's closest friends, rather that was by the horrible flirting they did or the actual time they took getting to know each other, they got along nicely.

You see Malcolm had come over one weekend at their new apartment in LA and decided to stay later after the small get together they threw.

Malcolm had offered to stay and help clean up, taking hand in throwing out some of their trash for them. Matthew had declined, seeming in a hurry, but Malcolm pushed further, assuring him that he wanted to help..., and sure enough Matt soon agreed, taking off up the stairs.

When he was done he decided to still stick around, he had nowhere to be and he still hadn't said a proper goodbye so what was the issue with just taking a seat?

He made his way to the living room and spotted Nick, he had been cuddled up on the couch, wrapped under his blanket, looking on the verge of falling asleep.

Malcolm sat on the other end, keeping his eyes open at the space around him. A random movie played, but if he were being honest he wasn't paying attention.

He kept accidentally focusing on Nick. His head poked from the sides of the blanket as he hugged onto his stuffed animal, giggling quietly.

It didn't bother him, but as the friends they were he was left curious at the other's burst of laughter.

"What's so funny?" Malcolm asked teasingly.

Nick shuffled, pushing the stuffed animal under his chin, "dunno?"

That was only the beginning of little Nick coming out of his shell to others.

Malcolm tried to keep a conversation going, but it had seemed as if Nick was in a different world, only ending with Nick yawning and grabbing a pacifier from under his makeshift hideout.

It had caught him off guard. It wasn't expected, but in a way it kinda suited him.

Malcolm awed at the adorableness in front of him. Nick shoved the pacifier into his mouth as he held the stuffed whale and his blanket. He had toddled over to Malcolm's side, handing him something in his closed off hand, apparently being a gummy bear.

Where did he get it? It was unknown, but he still accepted it.

Maybe it was just a part of Malcolm who craved giving someone this type of love and attention, but he immediately went along with it.

Part of him felt off..., it wasn't normal, but then again was anything ever truly "normal"? Exactly.

He continued to tease the little. He had no idea why Nick was acting this way, but why question it?

It was adorable. It was a new side of Nick and he was offering open arms.

Sooner or later Matthew had returned. Chris was clinging onto his side as he approached from behind the couch, still oblivious that Malcolm was still there.

"Nick, get to bed now." Matthew sighed, "you've been a brat the whole day, Chris and I are tired." He excused.

Malcolm took everything said straight to the heart even though it wasn't to him.

Why would Matt say this to Nick? This wasn't like Matt at all. Maybe he had been stressed, yes, but enough to speak like this? It made no sense.

Nick whined as he tugged on Malcolm's arm, in an attempt to make Matt aware of the guest.

"Shush Nick." Matthew sighed.

"Bubba noyying daddy?" Chris whimpered from Matt's arms.

"Yes, Nick is annoying me." Matthew chuckled, patting his back lightly.

Malcolm rolled his eyes.

What the actual fuck was going on here?

The babying?

The shit talking?

The fucking everything?

It didn't make sense.

Maybe Nick was doing it and it was cool, but Chris too? Malcolm didn't care if Chris acted like this also, but it was just confusing to take in.

He took a stand to make himself visible to the others, completely making the air thick.

"What are you doing here?-"

That's all Nick could remember from his own point of view as his regression clouded this mind. He had practically forgotten what all Matt had excused.

Maybe Matt was stressed and maybe Nick was a brat that day, but then details didn't offer anything good to Nick.

They were just plain memories that showed Matt being a good caregiver. He was stressed and putting them down for bed, yes? Then so what?

But.... One thing he did keep in mind was how Malcolm had mentioned that he had a lot of free time on his hands and he didn't mind taking Nick off of Matt's hands, but he had been denied.

Not by Nick.

By Matt, for whatever reason. Chris too, but mostly Matt as he was the most offended by the offer. As if Malcolm didn't think Matt could handle taking care of both.

But Nick wished he had an input that day.

Matt was still only a babysitter to Nick as the older waited for Matt to ask him, but the time never came. It had only come for Chris, as Matt took on the role of his caregiver.

Anyways enough of him taking pity on himself, thinking about the missed chances, he took a deep breath, cuddling into his blankets. His thoughts spiraled into a dream world he had created with a caring caregiver who cuddled, fed, kissed, and did absolutely everything for him that Matt did for Chris.

However, one thought didn't ghost from his mind.

The offer Malcolm made.

Maybe the offer still stood?

Maybe Malcolm was the caregiver who could provide for him, maybe he could be the caregiver who showed him love and acceptance?

Or maybe that chance was blown?

To be continued..?