Fighting Sleep.

Regressed Nick.

Nick held Matthews hand close to his chest as the movie began. Nick had been waiting for this movie to come out for forever and here it was.

Matthew never really understood Nick's obsession with the animal science cartoon, but he knew Nick liked it so of course he had no issue with it. Matthew glanced down and smiled watching as Nick giggled to the theme song.

"Dada!" Nick giggled, pointing at the screen. Matthew could only nod at his adorable little.

The cartoon wasn't as bad as Matthew originally thought, he understood why Nick was entranced. The different scenarios of taking care of animals and hearing how and where they are located kept them entertained.

While Nick had been waiting forever to watch the cartoon, he soon felt his eyes getting heavy. He laid back his head on Matthews lap, allowing the other to run his fingers through his hair.

Nick fought his sleep, trying his best to stay up to find out what happens next. He felt himself drifting more and immediately shot up, rubbing his eyes, and beginning to whine. He felt useless fighting sleep.

He cuddled into Matthews chest still fixated on the movie. Soft whines filled the room every so often.

Matthew kissed Nick's forehead lightly, one hand running in his hair and the other rubbing small circles on his back, "If you accidentally fall asleep I'll pause it and we can finish it tomorrow, okay?" He whispered softly to not startle him.

Nick whimpered feeling at loss, he really wanted to finish the movie tonight! He clutched onto Matthews shirt and stifled his cries, trying to not show that he was upset.

"I know baby, I know." Matthew sighed, "Sleep is really getting to you, huh baby?" Matthew cooed. He paused the TV and turned on something to substitute the noise for tonight.

Nick didn't like that his cartoons were replaced, but once again he felt useless, unable to cry for them to get turned back on. A part of him wanted to try for tomorrow anyways.

He buried his face into Matthews neck, listening to the show play in the background. Matthew rocked him slowly, still giving him small kisses on his face.

"Tomorrow baby." Matthew told him, "I don't want you to miss your favorite movie, so we will try for tomorrow." He sadly smiled, showing Nick that he understood his concern.

Thankfully for him Nick wasn't in the mood though, on a normal night he would have tried proving that he could stay awake.

Matthew wrapped a blanket around Nick as the little was straddled on his lap, face in neck, and hands stuck to his shirt. He could feel Nick's breath becoming more shallow and even as he snuggled into his neck.

"I love you." He whispered.