So The Leash?

Regressed Chris.

"CHRIS!" Nick shouted as he watched the little run down the aisle further away, "we told you not to run off so stop acting up before we have to leash you again."

Matt groaned, "He's not a dog Nick and I don't want everyone staring at us like we are weirdos." He sighed, shaking his head.

"Shush. First off I'm the one dealing with his mood today so if I have to strap him down to make sure he doesn't go missing then I will." Nick said as he grabbed a bag of chips placing them into the cart, "by the way them are for Nate." He sighed.

Matt almost burst out laughing. Maybe they were just arguing, but he couldn't help but feel obligated to laugh at how Nick switched up so fast.

"Well then put him in the buggy?" Matt rolled his eyes, biting his lip to excuse his laughing.

He knew what he was doing. He knew Nick would respond with a funny response so why not keep it going?

"No thanks, but if you wanna pick him up then go for it. I don't have the time nor the physical strength to do so."

"Fine." He mumbled, still latching on to the stomach hurting laugh he wanted to release.

"So the leash?" Matt asked, he hated it, but he knew it was going to be needed.

Nick nodded, "yeah give it to me." He sighed.

But as they turned around to hook him up, he was gone.

"For how long?" Matt shouted, sprinting to the end of the aisle, "CHRIS!" He yelled.

Maybe they should have strapped him down earlier. Matt was definitely wishing he did when he saw Chris toddling away, already opening up candy and eating it, all while aweing at a squishy toy.