Their Little Family

Regressed Matthew, Chris, and Nate.

Was Nate becoming more like their family than they thought?

Let's Rewind....,

They had thrown a small get together, they invited some friends over and decided on watching a movie. To keep the get-together under control they only invited Nate, Elmer, and Alahna over.

So far everything was under control, everyone was getting along, talking, sharing snacks, and taking pictures of each other.

Everyone was having a blast until the night started to hit. They all gathered around in the living room, making small forts, and food trays.

They decided on watching a scary movie, maybe not the best choice, but why not. It was getting close to Halloween so the spooky season was all on their mind.

After bickering back and forth on what to watch, Elmer suggested Dahmer. It was after a true story after all, what else could boost the scary theme of the night?

They agreed, but Nick had a bad feeling. He glanced over at Matt and Chris. They should be okay with watching, but part of him worried about the after effects it would cause during their littlespace...., Such as nightmares. He had a right to worry as both boys always were easy to get nightmares.

He gave them a worried look, but they rolled their eyes. Already silently popping off on him.

Well, if they wanted to watch, who was he to stop them? They weren't regressed at the moment so his caregiver instincts didn't stick, but they were still there.

As the movie began he remembered the other little who was in the room..,

Nate.

The poor thing didn't have a caregiver, no one to make sure he was officially okay with watching. Nick tapped his shoulder getting his attention, he knew Nate had trouble speaking up and just wanted to make sure he was actually set on watching.

"I'm okay." He whispered with a soft smile, but Nick still saw a worried gleam. He tried to fight his caregivers' wants, desperately trying to stop himself from pulling all the littles into his room and turning on cartoons for them.

But he held his head high and decided that if anything happened he'd comfort them when they wanted it.

Throughout the movie, terrible scenes spooked up on them. Tears were perking and heads were falling, sensing that everyone was trying to not cry over the terrible acts of Dahmer in the movie.

Nick turned to his side seeing Nate cradle himself under the covers. Nick sighed, pulling Nate into his lap and rubbing his sides, "it's okay sweetheart..." Nick repeated, looking down at Nate's clueless doe eyes.

Nick was familiar with this look, he was little.

But how little?

"How old are you, bud?" Nick asked, he waited for a response, but nothing came. His eyes only scanned Nick's face with confusion, not understanding any word coming out of his mouth.

Nick nodded knowing he wasn't going to get anywhere. He held Nate to his chest as he tried to muffle some of the noise from the movie.

He attempted to get up and walk into the other room, maybe to try and put him down for a nap or just to get away from the movie, but Nate silently whimpered, wishing to stay in their position.

Matt sat across the room, Chris and him were cuddled up together. Matt watched as Nick babied Nate, soon finding himself jealous of Nick's attention being on someone else other than him.

While it was true that Nick's attention was shared between Chris and Matt, Matt was definitely the baby so seeing another little getting babied by his caregiver made him feel a ting of hurt in his heart.

Nick didn't notice the issue it was causing, he continued to baby Nate. He rocked the smaller boy, trying to keep him satisfied from crying. In his mind everything was well.

However, as if his words turned on him, he eventually felt as if something was wrong. He immediately looked up, feeling eyes burning into his head.

His eyes landed on Matt, he saw how Matt had been mean mugging Nate before quickly looking away in a hurry, burying himself into Chris's arms. Nick raised an eyebrow at this.

Matt tried to make himself smaller, hoping he'd become invisible, but unfortunately for him he couldn't.

Tears built up, Nick saw him being mean to baby Nate..... Did Nick prefer Nate? Matt felt himself slip further, accidentally regressing. Maybe part of him made himself slip, he wanted his caregivers attention back on him.

As Matt shuffled under the covers Chris noticed the odd movement. He felt how Matt gently played with his hands, babbling random sorrys into his neck. Chris pulled the cover over his head, joining Matthew in the dark warmth, "What's wrong?" He asked, his head tilting in confusion.

Chris couldn't understand Matt, the overwhelming feeling of trying to calm the other down stressed him to the core making him soon follow suit, regressing himself, "Matty?" Chris sighed, "movie!" He tried cheering the other up.

He watched Matt's teary eyes looking up at him, "Daddy likes Nate!" Matthew sobbed, "love us?" He asked silently, leaning into Chris' hold.

Chris tried to stay big but the conversation with little Matt was definitely getting to his head, he tried his best though.

Curiously Chris peeked up from the blankets seeing Nick with Nate in his lap, baby talking the heck out of him along with Alahna and Elmer here and there butting in.

Chris slid out from the covers, nudging Matt to follow him. He made his way to the four others, offering himself to Elmer.

Elmer complied, opening his arms, "Nick?" He sighed, "I think Chris regressed." He told them.

Alahna chuckled, "Same with Matt, I think he is a sleepy baby." She said, trying to pry him from the blankets.

Matt kept the blankets in a tight grip, making Alahna almost stumble back, "Someone's upset...." She sighed.

Chris was pretty calm, bouncing on Elmer's leg as the older tried to get him to stop peeking at the horror movie playing, desperately trying to find the remote.

Nick smiled seeing that Chris was at least being good, he glanced over at Matthew with a frown.

"C'mere Matthew." Nick said, patting the floor in front of him.

Matthew lazily, with his head down, sat in front of Nick. Tears still forming.

God was Matt a dramatic baby.

Nick rubbed Matthews cheek, wiping a stray tear away, he really was dramatic.

"What's wrong?" He asked, forcing Matt's chin up to make eye contact. Matthew pointed at Nate before crossing his arms, turning away.

Nick knew this conversation was hard to always explain to his littles.

Nate didn't have a caregiver, he didn't have someone to always baby him like Matt and Chris did. While Nick understood why they would be jealous in a sense, he wished they'd calm down when he gave barely under an hour to someone else.

He had always thought of how he could make it work, especially with them being close he had a thought in the back of his head being open to caring for Nate too.

The thought itched at him, but how would it work out if the two littles he already had bugged for attention, they were already on edge about being left. He needed to figure it out.

He knew it wasn't his issue, mostly Nate's, but he'd be lying if he didn't overhear Nate crying, wanting to be added into their small family.

This was going to be a long ordeal with conversations on their attachment issues and anxiety between all of them.

If he wanted to take this next step with adding Nate he would have to talk it out with the others. Alahna and him did most of the parenting, but he mostly needed Chris and Matt's approval and it was already a tattletale sign that currently Matt wasn't hearing Nick out on anything to do with regressed Nate.