Uncomfortable Episode

Regressed Chris.

Not proof read.
-

Snuggling into Nick's neck, Chris let out a sigh. He draped his arms around Nick's neck, resting comfortably in the other's lap.

All day Chris had been running around, occupying himself with one thing after the other.

First it was the toy cars then the stuffed animals, then outiside and before they knew it, it was snacks, movies, drawing, and bugging Nick with silly questions.

And now the day had finally began to set and Nick found himself laying on the couch hopeful to get the younger to fall asleep, but of course nothing goes as planned.

Nick ran his hands down Chris's back, comforting him silently, already noticing the small signs of an episode coming from Chris.

Nick sighed, he knew Chris had a hard time controlling these episodes. They were rough and always ended really good or really bad.

Chris grunted as he shifted uncomfortably in Nick's lap, plopping himself down multiple times, desperate to find the right position.

"Chrissy?" Nick asked, placing his hands on his waist, preventing him from moving, but quickly removed his hold, remembering Chris didn't like to be held controllingly during his edpisodes, he liked to be the one in charge of what happens.

"Dada!" Chris whined, laying his head on the other's shoulder as he cried, watching the reflection from the TV in the background as a way to try and soothe himself, but nothing seemed to catch his attention.

"Baby?" Nick tried, but it felt pointless, "talk to me?" Chris was just crying and ignoring him, he was practically talking to himself. While he wanted to continue to try and get a response out of Chris he didn't wanna urge him too much so he let Chris cry it out as he continued to rub his back, giving him what he'd accept.

As time passed Nick stayed ready to jump at any moment to help Chris, but things surprisingly went well.

Spending the majority of the night holding the smaller closely lead to the crying falling silent as the little had been exhausted from all the tantrum.

When Nick knew it was okay to move he scooted to the edge of the couch, grabbing an abandoned Pacifier on the floor. He dusted it off, sticking it in his mouth as a quick clean before pressing it up to his baby's lips, letting the smaller choose rather to take the pacifier or not.

Chris took it, his teary blue eyes batting closed as he calmed down, falling to sleep in Nick's hold.

Matthew soon returned, bags hanging off his arms as he struggled through the front door, "A little help would be nice?" He said, rolling his eyes.

"Can't." Nick answered, letting the other come upstairs to see what kept him unable to move.

As Matthew made his way up their apartment steps, almost collapsing at the top, he dropped all his bags onto the floor to catch his breath.

His eyes frantically searched around the room, landing right on Nick.

"Dude!" Matt grunted, "I'm never going shopping by myself again." He laughed off, leaning up to make a few steps toward the other, immediately noticing the little on his lap, wrapped up in a blanket.

"Is he okay?" He asked, watching Nick nod in response.

Nick looked down, a soft smile on his lips as he checked on the little in his lap, "He had an episode today." He sighed.

He could hear Matt sigh in annoyance, but he knew why Matt did. He wasn't upset with Chris or him, he was upset with their failure to help Chris.

"I'll put the groceries up and then I'll take him off your hands for a bit so you can get a shower." Matt told him, "Has he eaten today?" He asked.

"Not since early this morning." Nick answered, "I tried to get him to eat real food other than snacks, but he hated the idea."

Matt nodded, "I'll wake him up in a bit and ask him if he wants me to make him something." Matt gave a quick nod to finish up their conversation, leaving to go put up the groceries.

Nick continued to smile lazily as he watched Matt, he could never get tired of this, his little family.