02

The loud murmurs in the classroom ceased as the students all caught sight of the older professor who was giving them a strong death glare

The loud murmurs in the classroom ceased as the students all caught sight of the older professor who was giving them a strong death glare. If looks could kill, the room would be filled with many caskets.

This specific professor seemed to have an issue every day, but since Dream never spoke in class, she never had an issue with him. To her, they were way too grown to still be getting fussed at by the teacher. That was middle school things.

"I have been standing here for ten damn minutes, and you all are still yapping at the mouths!" His heavy southern accent voiced, his heady eyes darting in different areas of the classroom. In the room was ninety students, so honestly, how quiet did he expect it to be?

As he continued to fuss, Dream occupied herself with a book she'd been reading, called The Lovely Bones. It was about a 14-year-old girl who'd been murdered, and the point of view was from where she was in Heaven. The book was super interesting, so far.

Thriller and murder mystery was her favorite genre, rather referring to a book or a movie. She loved the suspense and slight anxiety caused from things of that nature. It gave her a sense of rush, given that her real life was boring.

Soon enough, the Professor began his lesson, so Dream put her book to the side, and pulled out her Apple Pencil, and the iPad she'd bought specifically for school. She'd had it since her sophomore year of college, and she was now a senior, aiming for her Bachelor's degree at the end of the term.

Dream was majoring in musicology, the scholarly and scientific study of music. Her minor classes consisted of social work, high-level math, and psychology. She didn't know specifically what she wanted to do with her life, so she took courses in different fields just for the range of choices.

The class she was currently sitting in was Music Production and Engineering, which she already had her associates degree for. Music was one of her favorite things, and she loved the process that artists had to go through to make a simple three to five minute song.

One thing she was sure of, was that she didn't want to be a singer, or a rapper. She wanted to be one of the people who worked behind the scenes, and created beats, melodic flows, and the general makeup of an album or song. Either an engineer, or a producer.

She already had a couple songs under her belt that she'd helped produce, most notably; Sicko Mode, God's Plan, Life is Good, Wait For You, Do We Have A Problem, Super Freaky Girl, and she even helped out on Kanye West's most recent album, Donda, and Donda 2.

She wasn't popular in school, but a lot of famous musicians knew her in the rap and pop industry. Her work ethic and how skillful she was when it came to producing a song didn't go unnoticed, at all. It was honestly crazy to her because she didn't even listen to rap or pop music.

Suddenly, the quiet murmurs in the class returned as one of the doors unintentionally slammed shut from how heavy it was. The class had started over an hour ago, so whoever had just walked in was way past being late.