33

Dream lay awake in her babies nursery, silent tears falling from her eyes while she patted Avayah's back, putting her back to sleep-which most likely wouldn't be for long anyway

The twins' sleep schedule was so wonky, and Dream hated it. She was trying to put them on a stricter routine, but obviously it wasn't working because it was currently four in the morning, and Avayah was wide awake.

It was going on more than 36 hours of running off zero sleep for Dream, and honestly, she didn't know when the next opportunity to get some sleep would come. Exhausted wasn't even a word that could describe how tired she was.

She didn't want to admit it to herself, especially since it had only been three weeks, but Dream was so tired of being a mommy already. This was the hardest job she'd ever had in her life, and she saluted every other mother alive because they were doing the damn thing!

Her babies were literally so attached to her, and wouldn't fall asleep unless it was on her chest. They didn't cry much, but when they did, it was more like ear-piercing screams. They were always hungry, always pooping, and she had to stop Kemani from choking himself with his blanket at least five times a day.

Kentrell and Dayvon did help as much as they could, however, it seemed like a mother's job was literally never done. All her babies wanted to do was be up under her, and so did their dads. Dream was so drained of this already, and it definitely showed in her appearance.

She hadn't gotten her hair, nails, or lashes done in over a month-and anyone that knew Dream, knew she kept herself together. There were bags forming under her bloodshot red eyes, her hair had been in this same messy ponytail for two weeks now, and she hadn't put on real clothes since she'd given birth.

Hell, she hadn't even left the house since they arrive home from the hospital two weeks ago! The only thing she had enough energy to do was take showers and brush her teeth, and that was only because she didn't play about hygiene.

Even with all of that, all Dream wanted to do was get in the bed and go to sleep. That didn't seem possible, though.

"You always think something funny. You're not funny. Take yo' butt to bed." She chuckled, steadily rocking Avayah in her arms, who was giving her small smiles here and there-with nothing but a mouth full of gums.

It was like Avayah knew that her and Kemani were literally about to send Dream into a manic episode. They found themselves to be quite comedic, too.

Using the back of her hand to wipe away her tears, Dream sat up on the couch that was in the nursery, pulling her left breast from out of her boob, and Avayah wasted no time to latch on to it. It was the quickest way to put her to sleep.

Honestly, that was probably why the routine she was trying to set wasn't working. Whenever they cried or had been up too long, all Dream did was pull out her boob to get things back under control. Maybe if she became stricter with their feeding schedule, a sleep schedule would follow suit.