25

Dayvon laid his head on Dream's knee, and had his arm wrapped around her left leg while she did his hair

Dayvon laid his head on Dream's knee, and had his arm wrapped around her left leg while she did his hair. He hadn't had his dreads retwisted in almost two months, and Dream had grown tired of looking at all the wild new growth.

He also had a meeting later on today with some important people about funding his label, so that was another reason she'd decided to do it. The meeting was taking place because surprisingly, Dayvon was thinking about quitting music and potentially selling his label, Only The Family, and his music discography.

Music had always been just a thing he did to make money, and not something that he seriously enjoyed. The only reason he'd done it this long was because it was keeping his family fed. But now, he had so much money in his accounts that even his great great-grandchildren would be well taken care of.

His label being bought out wasn't a firm decision yet though, and this meeting would just inform him of what the future would hold if he did decide to sell it. Plus, he had three other forms of income that had nothing to do with his music, so he would still be full of wealth regardless of if he sold it or not.

"You still mad at me ma?" He asked, tilting his head to the side so that she could part through his hair better. When he didn't receive a response, he kissed her skin, laying his head back in its previous spot.

Dream twisted the new growth of his loc around with her comb, then used her palms to to roll the rest of the loc. That was her last one, so afterwards, she rubbed his hair down in mousse to moisturize it and keep the fresh locs in place.

Next, she used a blow dryer to finish off the look. When she was done with that, she removed all of the clips, and then stood up to go put all of the hair products up in the bathroom cabinet.

Of course Dayvon followed behind her, and blocked her way once she tried leaving the bathroom, which only aggravated her even further.

"You be making me sad when you have attitudes wit' me. What you want me to do Nana?" He kissed her chin, looking down at her while waiting on a response.

"I don't want you to do anything. I'm not mad at you, I'm just sleepy." She told him, but he knew she was lying.

Dayvon had decided to completely drop out of college a week ago, and hadn't told her until earlier today. It really had just slipped out-not that he was trying to keep it a secret or anything-but he didn't think she'd trip about it this bad either.

School just wasn't for everybody, and he was included in that category. It was never his idea to go in the first place. He didn't care about degrees or certifications because he was still full of knowledge without it. He found it stupid that he needed a piece of paper to prove that.

Dream was only upset because he dropped out when graduation was literally only three months away. It was just unnecessary to her because he knew that she would've helped him with his work had he asked. There was no reason for him to quit when they were basically already at the finish line.