03

"I think y'all are being just a tad bit dramatic

"I think y'all are being just a tad bit dramatic. Let's be super rational here." Dream tried to reason with her friends, a cup of iced tea in her left hand.

"No bitch, trying to be 'rational' is why you missed yo' chance with a fine, rich nigga." Ariana pointed her knife at her, before going back to slicing up an onion.

"You gotta text him. Like, bust a move, shoot your shot, bitch do something." Jayda sat on the side of her on the couch, Dream's legs thrown across her lap.

"Y'all, that man does not like me like that. He said he wanted to be my friend, not my boyfriend." She told them, and they both groaned in annoyance.

"Nana, for one, this nigga brings you Starbucks for breakfast every time he sees you. Then, he sat at lunch with you-mind you, this a rich nigga with hoes. Why would he just do stuff like that for the hell of it?" Ariana asked her, tossing the diced onions in her pan to sauté.

"That's what I'm saying! I feel like he was trying to make fun of me. He's known me for a year and he's never sat at lunch with me. Well, I don't eat lunch at school at lot, but still." She frowned. This whole situation was stressing her out.

Her friends were trying to convince her that Dayvon liked her, maybe more than just a friendship level, and she was having such a hard time wrapping her head around it.

It wasn't rare for men to flirt, or try to pursue a relationship with her, but this was King Von. He had plenty of girls he could've 'sat at lunch' with, or gotten notes from, so why did he choose her? She just didn't understand. She was just a regular girl.

After showing Ariana and Jayda a few messages he'd sent her in the past, both of them were convinced that he'd been wanting her, she was just too clueless to realize because he was so subtle with it.

"Bitch, then it's this nigga birthday! All you gotta do is send a simple sorry text, and tell him happy birthday. I can bet $1,000 he ask you to marry him." Jayda clasped her hands together as if she'd just made some big discovery, making Ariana and Dream laugh.

"Ok, fine! Fine, I'll text him. Gosh." She exaggerated, unlocking her iPhone, listening to both of them squeal in excitement.

Dream decided to be subtle as well and do what Jayda suggested; she sent a simple apology, and followed up with telling him happy birthday.

"See bitch!" Ariana screamed, running over to see after hearing a ding come from Dream's phone almost immediately after she'd sent the text.

"Damnnnn. It's been like twenty seconds. He on you, real bad." Jayda laughed, leaning over to look into her phone as well.

" Jayda laughed, leaning over to look into her phone as well