31

Dream opened up her Tupperware container that she'd just grabbed out of the freezer, and picked up a chunk of frozen cornstarch, wasting no time to bite into it

Dream opened up her Tupperware container that she'd just grabbed out of the freezer, and picked up a chunk of frozen cornstarch, wasting no time to bite into it. Her eyes kind of dazed at the texture she'd found herself to be low-key addicted to.

Her pregnancy had her craving things that would make an average person gag. Like, when she went on a picnic with Jayda last week, she felt like eating the chunks of clay dirt for some odd reason. Luckily, she'd been able to control the urge to eat it.

She was now a little over four months pregnant, and just how she'd hoped, Dream would soon be having twins. A baby boy, and a baby girl would be here in just under five months! She was beyond excited, and overjoyed that her prayers were answered.

Both Kentrell and Dayvon had her beat in excitement though. The twins' nursery was already so overfilled with baby stuff that the big closet in the hall had to be used for a portion of the items. Being overly prepared was an understatement.

"I'ma slap the shit out you, Ayanna. You don't listen." Von's voice made her pick her head up, and her eyebrows rose. She didn't even hear him walk in the kitchen.

"I didn't even eat a lot. Give it back to me." She frowned after he'd taken the Tupperware from her, the white powder residue still left on her fingers.

"No. I told you to stop eating this shit." He told her, and her mouth fell open in shock, watching him dump all of her cornstarch out in the trash bin. It took her all night to freeze it into perfect chunks!

"Dayvon!" Her frown deepened, but didn't phase him as he tossed the clear container in the sink, rinsing what remained on the plastic.

Her bottom lip poked out further than her top one, briefly quivering as tears pooled in the bottom of her eyelids. She covered her face with her clean hand, feeling the tears sliding down her cheeks.

"Ion give a fuck 'bout you crying. The doctor told you stop eating that shit, Dream. Why you steady sneaking and eating it?" He frowned as well, pulling her hand down from her face.

"Move. Don't kiss me." She sniffed while trying to pull out of his grip, but his arms had already slid around her waist to keep her still.

"You mad? Ion give no fucks, crybaby." He chuckled, ignoring her request and continued to kiss her face anyway.

"Why would you throw it out? I spent all night freezing that. You don't control me or control what I eat Dayvon." Her pout remained, and he smiled, wrapping one of his arms around her neck.

"Yeah, all her ass do is cry. She be eating cocaine and shit." Von spoke into his phone, laughing once Dream hit his chest.

"You good doe'? Ain't nobody fuckin' wit' you, is they? I'ah pull up out there if they is." He held his phone with his shoulder, fixing her baby hair with his thumb.

Dream could hear the voice of another man over the phone, most likely one of Dayvon's friends in jail. They stayed calling him because they knew he'd put money on their books with no hesitation. He didn't mind. He knew what it was like to be locked up with nobody to help you out in your time of need.