08

Dream sat in her last class of the day, seeming like she was witnessing Deja Vu as she forced herself to stay awake

Dream sat in her last class of the day, seeming like she was witnessing Deja Vu as she forced herself to stay awake. It made no sense how tired she was today, and there was no one to blame but herself.

Honestly, she would've been went to sleep in this class, but this was the type of professor to embarrass the students for things like that as if this was still high school.

Dream had stayed up all night long doing her homework again, only because she'd put it off to spend time with Dayvon. She had began to slack in school and hadn't even realized it.

She figured that she would go home today and get caught up on everything-as soon as she took a nap. She could barely even keep her eyes opened right now.

Instead of falling asleep in class, Dream packed all of her things up in her bookbag, and quietly stood to her feet. She walked down the side staircase, eventually making it out of the door as stealthily as she could.

As if the universe was praying on her downfall, her phone began to ring as soon as she made it out of the building, and she groaned in annoyance, hoping nobody needed her.

"Hello?" She mumbled, answering without even checking who's contact it was.

"What you doing right now? You got time to talk?" Von's voice came through her speaker, and her eyebrows sort of frowned in confusion.

"Talk about what? Did I do something wrong?" She asked, unsure of what he needed to talk about. It sounded serious.

"Nah, I did." He truthfully told her, and she didn't respond, pulling her phone from her ear once it made a beeping noise. She accepted his FaceTime request, hitting the unlock button on her key fob at the same time.

"Well. What did you do?"

"Why you saying it like that, like you don't care?"

"All I asked was what you did. You literally just left yesterday. What happened that quickly?" She chuckled, cranking her car up, and then she positioned her phone in the dash stand.

"I-uh, I kissed somebody else. I ain't want to hide it from you 'cause I don't want you to feel like I'm playing wi-," Dream didn't even give him time to finish before she ended the call. What the hell?

She stared ahead of her at the green grass of one of the campus's lawns, hearing her phone ring again, but she didn't even reach to answer it.

Since this was her first situation-ship, she didn't even know how to respond to that. It was so random. She knew that her and Dayvon weren't officially together, but she thought it was obvious that it was what they were heading towards.

Then, she became aggravated at how he'd tried to excuse himself by saying he didn't want her to feel like he was playing with her. She felt far beyond being played with. Especially since he'd literally just told her he would never hurt her.