27

Dream sat with her knees to her chest, and her elbow was on the armrest on the couch while her hand was keeping her head held up

Dream sat with her knees to her chest, and her elbow was on the armrest on the couch while her hand was keeping her head held up. Every so often, her eyes dazed closed, but within moments she caught herself from completely drifting off to sleep.

It was currently nearing five in the morning, and she hadn't been to sleep since that nap she took yesterday. She was trying to get some of her assignments finished up early since there was nothing else to do, but she wasn't focused enough.

The cold temperatures of the room and how dark it was had her dozing off with her iPad in her lap every few seconds. She honestly didn't know why she was fighting her sleep as hard as she was.

After taking a hot shower last night, Kentrell had finally been able to fall asleep; but it was mostly because Dream had did it by rubbing his face for over an hour. If she hadn't, he probably would've still been up.

So, it had just been her and Midnight awake, but even he had fallen asleep around three something this morning. Dream just couldn't get the memo.

Snapping out of her thoughts, her head picked up at the sounds of Dayvon's heart machine beeping just a tad bit faster than normal, and it wasn't even really noticeable, but Dream had studied the exact pattern of his relaxed state.

She figured that maybe she was imagining things since she was tired, but stood up from the long couch anyway just to go and check on him. The nurses told them last night that it was now up to him to wake up on his own, but Dream wasn't expecting him to do so this soon.

Intertwining their fingers, she held on to his hand, waiting to see if he would give her another sign. As soon as she touched him, the beeping noises went up another notch, and her eyes lit up.

She tried not to panic because she didn't want to overwhelm him or cause herself to overreact, so she carefully sat besides him on the bed, still holding his hand in hers.

"Can you hear me? You have to calm down, okay? You're still healing from your surgeries so you can't let your heart rate get too high." She used her thumb to rub the back of his hand, reciting the same things the nurse had told her.

Going against what she had said, his heart rate steadily increased, and Dream reached over to grab the remote that would call the nurse into the room.

Dayvon was afraid. He physically didn't have the strength to open his eyes, and he was also trying to talk, but couldn't get his mouth to move. It was like his own body was silencing him. It was terrifying.

"I'm right here baby. It's just me and Trell here. You're okay, you have to calm down for me, please?" She had her eyebrows furrowed with concern, at this point knowing that he could hear her.

Dream leaned her head down to leave a soft kiss on his cheek, and within moments, the pace of the beeping noises began to slow down as he grew comfortable under her touch, wishing so badly that he could just open his eyes to look at her.