06

Dayvon stared at the microphone in front of him, not a mere thought behind his glare, yet his brain was so full of different contemplations

He had been in his in-home studio for an hour now, and hadn't been able to record a single verse. It had nothing to do with anyone besides himself, it was just like he couldn't come up with any lyrics.

Usually, whenever he went to the studio, he was able to record a full song-and if not, could at least get a chorus down-but today, he couldn't. He was beyond aggravated at this point.

He didn't know if this was writers block or what, but all he knew was that it didn't start until after he'd dropped Dream off at home. It seemed like she was the only thing occupying his brain cloud right now, and was blocking out everything else.

He'd taken her on another date yesterday after not seeing her for two days, and had rented out a movie theater because she wanted to go watch the new minions movie.

Dayvon honestly couldn't recall the last time he'd been to the movies. He rarely ever went because he hated how dark it was, so it was crazy to him that Dream didn't even have to convince him to go. He went just because she wanted to.

Now, all he could seem to think about was her smile, and the happy aura that always surrounded her. He didn't understand how a person could be so happy, and genuinely radiate off good energy to others, strictly by being themselves.

That type of energy was the kind that you just had to give in to. The type of energy that casted out all negativity, and kept you on your toes the entire time you were surrounded by it. There wasn't a word to describe how grateful he was to be one of the ones to witness it.

It was new for him, too. Dayvon wasn't and had never been big in the dating scene. He'd had one real girlfriend, and to be honest he shouldn't even consider her as that, because even though she was his girlfriend, he damn sure wasn't her boyfriend and she made sure of that.

Not only did she cheat frequently, she didn't try to hide it, and constantly told obvious lies to and about him. She tried to use up as much of his money as she could, but he wasn't dumb. He'd only kept her around so long-a little over two years-because he didn't like being by himself.

The way he grew up, there wasn't many people around who had genuine love for him. The ones that did always seemed to leave, whether that was through jail or a casket-or even just literally walking out of his life.

The first person to do so was his father. Walter, also known as Silk, just wasn't a family man, no matter how hard he tried. He'd always put the streets before his people, and that was ultimately the way that he'd lost his life when Dayvon was fourteen.

Even though he'd never emotionally connected with Silk, Dayvon had always wanted him to be there. Yet, he ended up missing everything, and was now missing the accomplishments Dayvon was making today.