15

Kentrell was currently sitting in the booth of an Atlantic Records recording studio, headphones over his head and a blank stare on his face

His manager, Montana, and his engineer, Jason, were both in the middle of a meeting with one of the heads of his label, and he was supposed to be involved in it too, but he was too aggravated to do so.

Honestly, he couldn't wait until his contract with Atlantic was up. Since Kentrell wasn't a 'yes man', they did everything they could to undersell him and blackball him in the music industry.

He would never just do what they said, just because they said it. Half the time, their instructions fucked him over dealing with his money, and that was the one thing he didn't play about.

So, Montana and Jason met with them at least once a week because Kentrell never did. If it was up to him, all of them would be dead. He hated everybody in this building.

"I don't give a fuck what they said, just give me this." Kentrell took the duffel bag from Montana as soon as he walked in the booth with him, and Jason shook his head.

"Kentrell you h-,"

"I don't care. Bye bye." He put it on his shoulder, then pulled his hood down over his head, exiting out of the booth.

He brushed past the head of the label without saying anything, and left the room right after. Then, he walked out of the building altogether, and hit the unlock button on his key fob.

Shifting his gun on his waist, he climbed in his customized 2022 GMC Yukon Denali truck, tossing the duffel bag in the passenger seat.

As he pressed the push to start button, he unlocked his phone, going to Dayvon's contact to call and see where he was.

"Wassup shordy,"

"Where you at?"

"Why you talking to me like you got ah' attitude?" Von chuckled, his thumb moving over the knob of his controller.

"These bitch ass niggas at this label steady pissing me off, mane." He sucked his teeth, a mug resting on his face as he drove.

"Everybody be pissing you off. I'm at home doe'. Where you goin'?"

"To Dream house. Be ready when I get thea'." He pulled his phone from his ear, pressing the red button to end the call.

As he made the twenty minute drive to Dayvon's house, his attitude slowly dispersed over time, and now his mood was just-bleh.

All he wanted to do was lay up under Dream, especially since he hadn't seen her in almost four days. That was too long for his liking. Everybody was irritating him.

"Don't hang up on me like that. Ion' like that shit." Dayvon looked over at him after climbing in his truck, and Kentrell gave him a blank stare, unfazed.