Chapter 2

Hi. I know i did the first chapter in third person but i'm gonna switch it up and i might also add in others perspectives, so yeah. hope you enjoy!

Soon after the family had left I was sent up to my room by Mrs Drue. There I sat on my bed, thoughts racing. In an attempt to distract myself, I sat down on the floor, and pulled out my sketch book, flicking through all the things I had drawn. A few I was proud of, the rest I could only see the faults in. I frowned, and turned to a new page, looking around for inspiration. 

Fifteen minutes later, I was looking down at a decent sketch of a bird, a blue tit, that was sitting outside my window. I smiled slightly, as the blue tit jumped up and flew off. Its tiny blue and yellow wings flapping skilfully to avoid branches and leaves. Then there came a knock at the door and I flinched violently. Wilbur's voice called from outside, "We've come to help you pack up your stuff, can we come in?"

"Yeah," I replied weakly, as Wilbur came bursting into my room, a great smile on his face. 

"Come on! Pack up your things, we are fostering you!" Wilbur said excitedly, grinning at me. Techno stood at the door, glaring at me. I was definitely afraid of him most, he was definitely going to be the one hitting me. 

"What are you doing!?" Wilbur said, running forwards. I panicked and scrambled backwards a meter, before realising he wasn't going to hurt me and looking back at him sheepishly. He frowned, but turned his attention to the sketchbook which i had left in the middle of the floor. He looked back up at me, and I thought he was going to say I was a failure, terrible at drawing, but he didn't. I knew it was true so he might as well have done it but instead he said, "Wow, this is great Tommy!" 

I didn't respond and simply snatched it off him and shoved it in my bag. I also put in another T-shirt and a large hoodie, a pair of jeans, and my three pencils. I turned my back on him before quickly shoving in a photo. Then, I went into the bathroom to get my toothbrush. He didn't follow me so i quickly added in a razor, some bandages (I would need more when these ones bled through my old ones), and a few plasters. Then I went back into the other room, saying I was done. 

"That's all you have?" Techno said, frowning. Wilbur elbowed him in the side before saying, "It's alright Tommy, we didn't have much stuff before we were adopted either," 

"You were adopted?" I asked in surprise, then I remembered what they told me in all my previous houses; 

"Don't ask questions boy! Speak only when you are spoken too!" 

"Sorry, I... I shouldn't have..."

"You shouldn't be questioning us. We own you. Don't speak unless we ask you too."

"Tommy?" Wilbur asked, stepping towards me.

"ARE YOU QUESTIONING ME?!" A fist descended  towards him and he flinched. 

 I quickly scrambled backwards until my back was pressed against the wall, my breathing becoming quicker and quicker. He stepped towards me, I could see his mouth moving but couldn't make out the words. I sank down onto the floor, my throat closing up. 

couldn't breathe. I was going to die. They were gonna hurt me. 

Wilbur was crouched down next to me saying something. 

He was gonna hit me. They were all going to hate me. Oh god i had screwed up so bad, I hadn't even got to their house yet. 

I was shaking, my entire body trembling, then I could feel arms around me, Techno's face level with mine. He pulled my head into his chest, I could hear his heart beating.