Chapter 4

Tommy had spent hours tossing and turning in bed, unable to fall asleep due to the comfortable bed that he just wasn't used to. Eventually he took his blanket and lay on the floor, where he shortly fell asleep, when he awoke he panicked, unsure of where he was, backing away to the wall, looking around for his brother, who he quickly remembered wasn't there. Then the rest of the memories came flooding back to him, and he sat down, trying to process everything that had happened the day before. 

"Pancakes are ready!" He heard Phil call from downstairs. 

Groaning, he got dressed quickly, ready to go downstairs, before seeing himself in the mirror. 

Ugly, fat, you should just kill yourself already, nobody would care. 

The thoughts ran through his head, and he knew only one way to get them to go away. Opening his bag, he took out his razor, and stared at it for a second, before pressing the blade to his wrist and dragging it downwards. 

One cut for being selfish. One for being stupid. One for being annoying. 

But soon three cuts turned into 10, and then 20, and soon Tommy had 29 cuts on his arms. He quickly  bandaged them up, before remembering that Phil had called him downstairs. He made sure everything was hidden away before rushing downstairs, making sure to grab his headphones as he left his room. 

Downstairs everybody was eating breakfast already. They were clearly in the middle of a conversation, and Tommy didn't want to interrupt them and risk angering them, so he decided he was going to go back upstairs, but before he could, he was spotted by Wilbur.

"Tommy! I was wondering when you were going to come down! Come and eat some pancakes!" 

Tommy hesitated, not wanting to make them suspicious, before sitting down at the table next to Wilbur, glancing up at him quickly to check this was ok. When Wilbur smiled at him he relaxed a little, but made no move to put a pancake on the plate Phil had just placed in front of him. When Techno questioned it, he silently took one pancake and added it to his plate. Staring at it hoping it would disappear. When it didn't, he slowly cut it into small pieces, eating them one by one, and wishing that they would vanish. He had got through a bit more than half of his pancake, before he knew he couldn't eat anymore. 

"Thank you for the pancake, Sir," then he realised, "S... sorry... Phil. Could I be excused?" His heart was racing and he was mentally preparing himself to be hit. 

He saw Phil frown, and was confused when he said, "Sure mate,"

He practically ran up the stairs, before locking himself in the bathroom and sticking two fingers to the back of his throat, causing himself to violently throw up the small amounts of pancake he had eaten. When he finally stopped vomiting he heard a knock at the door, and a voice said, "Tommy?"

***** Techno's POV *****

Tommy was clearly trying not to run up the stairs, and the way he stuttered when he thought Phil would be mad for calling him sir... I was worried about him. I finished my pancake slowly, deep in thought, then decided I would go upstairs to check on Tommy, Phil and Wilbur were having a conversation, so I left without a word, heading upstairs. I was about to knock on Tommy's door when I heard vomiting sounds coming from the bathroom. Was he purging? I walked over and by now the vomiting had stopped, so I knocked on the door. I was shocked, but I said questioningly, "Tommy?" 

I heard him stiffen, but he said nothing so I said, "Tommy I'm gonna need you to open the door," still no reply. Hardening my voice a little I said, "Tommy, Open the door." 

There was a shuffling sound and then a click as the door was unlocked, I pushed it open to see Tommy hastily scrambling backwards, looking up at me with a terrified expression. I swear, whoever hurt this kid was gonna pay. Crouching down so as not to scare him I shuffled closer. "It's ok Toms, it's alright. Shhh, come here" 

He basically flung himself at me, and clung on tightly, probably too upset to realise what he was doing as I knew he would never do this otherwise. "Toms, when was the last time you ate something without throwing it up?" 

He sniffled and then said, "I think... I think a... a few.... a few days ago. I... I ate a b... banana. I'm sorry," He broke down again, crying into my arms and shaking violently. I hear Phil and Wilbur running up the stairs, and i knew they must have heard him crying. I was glad, this stuff was hard for me to handle. 

"Tech what happened?" Phil asked, worried, and probably confused that Tommy was sobbing into my arms. I quietly told him everything that had happened, Wilbur standing behind him looking upset, and I knew he was wondering if this was what we felt like when we first found him purging. I still hadn't spoken to him about the Mc Donalds. I would later today. For now, Phil and Wilbur came and crouched down next to me, Wilbur rubbing circles into Tommy's back and Phil whispering to him soothingly. Soon the sniffles and hiccups died away and we realised Tommy had fallen asleep. 

I carried him to his room and laid him in his bed, we all sat down around him, looking down at him worriedly. 

"Whoever hurt this kid is going to pay." I said breaking the silence. Wilbur looked up surprised, I knew he would be confused as to why I was so protective over Tommy, normally I took a while to adjust to people and to like them, but I saw myself so much in Tommy, scared and vulnerable, almost destroyed by the foster system, and afraid to reach out for help. That was exactly what I was like years ago when Phil first adopted me, but Tommy was worse, and he had clearly been through more than both me and Wilbur, I just hoped we were enough to help him. 

"We need to help him," Phil said, quietly, but determined. 

"I agree," Wilbur said, "Whatever it takes." 

I echoed him, "Whatever it takes."

I tried to stand up, but Tommy was clinging onto me like a bee to honey, so I gently tried to remove his hand. Sleepily he said, "No, Techie!"

My heart melted, and I gave up trying to remove his grip. I looked up at Phil, begging him to tell me what to do. 

"nah ah mate, that's your problem," he said, trying to still his laughter. 

I grumbled, pretending to be annoyed, but secretly pleased that I had to stay with Tommy. I lay down next to him, he was still clinging desperately onto my arm, and smiled trying to hide it from Phil, who of course saw and cooed happily. I sighed and then realised that Wilbur was lying down on the other side of Tommy. I smiled at him and he returned it, before we heard a click and turned to see Phil taking a photo of us. He grinned and then said, "Well, I'll be leaving now. Sleep well you two," And he left to go to his room. 

I looked over at Wilbur, who was smiling down at Tommy. I hated to ruin the moment but i needed to speak to him about what happened. "Wilbur, what happened at Mc Donalds?" I asked gently, well, as gently as i could. 

He froze and then said, "It was nothing Tech, just a bit of stress from the new brother,"

"You're not slipping back into old habits are you Wil?" I questioned, still worried. 

"No Tech, I'm fine," He said, a little harshly this time. 

I sighed but let it go for now. I was still worried but didn't want to push it further, maybe I would speak to Phil tomorrow. Wilbur had settled down, and so I did too, resting my head on the pillow and putting an arm around Tommy protectively. I just hoped that he didn't freak out when he woke up.