Chapter 7

I stared at the boy standing in the doorway, and he stared back, his long brown hair and soft brown eyes just as I had remembered. I could feel the confusion of Techno Wilbur and Phil, and I knew they would probably be mad, but I didn't care. I was too shocked to say anything, so I simply stood there, watching him looking me up and down, as if checking that it definitely was me, that I was real. Then suddenly he ran at me, engulfing me in a massive hug, which I reciprocated, wrapping my arms around his small, thin frame, and burying my face into his hair. 

Tubbo, MY Tubbo, was back. 

Back.

I wasn't alone anymore. 

I hugged him harder, praying to anything and everything that he would never, EVER be taken away from me again. 

After a minute I let him go, and he clung onto my hand tightly, staring up at me with his puppy dog eyes, and, just like before I could tell exactly what he meant. 'please explain to them what just happened I'm too afraid' I nodded gently, and he buried his face back into my t-shirt. I smiled to myself and then took a deep breath before looking up at Phil. I knew there were questions to be asked and I was just hopeful that when he got mad, he hit me, not Tubbo. Phil hadn't hit me so far, but there was always a first time, and if he was like all the other houses I was sure he would too, why would he be any different? 

Phil looked over to Techno and Wilbur, who shrugged, and so he turned back to me saying, "how about we all go into the living room, and you can explain,"

I nodded, silently following him through the hallway. I tried desperately to stop my hands from shaking, not wanting Tubbo to know how afraid I was. I watched as he stuck close to me, his hand still tightly holding mine. My brother, back with me. I squeezed his hand as reassurance and he squeezed mine back. I had missed him so much. It was his scared face that gave me the courage to keep walking down that corridor into the living room, where we all sat down, me and Tubbo on one sofa, and Techno, Phil and Wilbur on the other. 

All security I had felt with them before was gone. I could feel their confusion, and that always meant pain, and plus, Tubbo was here now. That meant I actually had something to lose, and something I needed to protect. I would do absolutely ANYTHING for Tubbo, and there was not a chance in hell that I was letting anyone hurt him, or take him away from me, ever again. 

"You know Tubbo?" Phil asked me, his voice deceptively gentle. 

I nodded, saying nothing, praying that no more questions would be asked, but I knew that it would never happen. 

"How?" Techno asked, quietly, he seemed to be thinking hard. 

I shook my head, trying to seem firm but just coming off as scared. 

"How do you know Tubbo?" Wilbur said, his voice a little firm. I don't think that he likes the fact that I was so close to Tubbo when I was just beginning to get close to him, but he had to learn that Tubbo was my priority so I growled at him slightly, this time more firmly, in a warning tone.

Phil and Techno exchanged glances, Wilbur was staring at his lap. After a second Phil spoke,

"Well Tubbo I'll take your bag and we can show you around, sound good?" He said, whilst reaching a hand forwards. 

I quickly slapped his hand away, positioning myself in front of Tubbo and making a fierce growling noise. Phil looked a little hurt, and Techno looked confused, but Wilbur... Wilbur was mad. 

"FOR GODS SAKE JUST TELL US HOW YOU BLOODY KNOW HIM! WE ARE YOUR FAMILY NOW, WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT AND ARE BOUND TO FIND OUT AT SOME POINT! YOU CAN'T KEEP SECRETS FROM US ALL THE TIME WE ARE TRYING TO BE NICE CAN'T YOU SEE THAT? AND DON'T YOU DARE, EVER HIT PHIL AGAIN, HE HAS BEEN NOTHING BUT NICE TO YOU!" He paused for a breath. Tubbo was shaking terrified, and I could tell that he had a panic attack coming on, and so I glared at Wilbur, trying to comfort Tubbo. 

"OH MY GOD! WHY ARE YOU MAD AT ME!? YOU JUST HIT PHIL ITS NOT LIKE I HAVE DONE ANYTHING! THIS IS ALL HIS FUCKING FAULT! TUBBO! WHY IS HE SO INTENT ON RUINING EVERYTHING!? BEFORE HIM WE WERE HAPPY, YOU WERE LESS AFRAID OF US, EVERYTHING WAS GETTING BETTER, AND NOW YOU ARE JUST LIKE YOU WERE BEFORE!" 

Tubbo was having a panic attack, his eyes darting wildly between me and Wilbur, his breaths quick and sharp. I desperately tried to help him, but I was on the verge of one as well, so I did the one thing I knew how to do well; I ran. 

I picked Tubbo up and sprinted through the house, jumping over the sofa and dashing up the stairs, into my room, where I quickly locked the door, and placed Tubbo down on my bed. I pushed the desk in front of the door, and then walked over to where Tubbo was sat, shaking. My hands were trembling, but I moved him so that his head was on my chest, and gently stroked his head, whispering to him comfortingly. I knew that this was the only way he would calm down, and that being able to hear my heartbeat and voice would help more than any method I used, so I sat like that, continuing to stroke his hair, until he was no longer hyperventilating, but he quickly fell asleep, clearly exhausted. I sighed, moving him so he was more comfortable and tucking him in. I was proud that I had managed to hold back my panic attack, but now I had to face Phil and Techno. And Wilbur. 

They are going to be mad, they are going to be mad, they are going to be mad, oh no oh no oh no ohnohnohnohnohno. They are gonna hurt me, they are going to hurt TUBBO!

'No,' I thought to myself firmly, I wouldn't let them. I could hear them outside, Phil asking me to please come out, he sounded worried. I knew it was fake. 

I ran through the list of things I had done in my head; I had refused to answer Phil, I had growled at Wilbur, I had slapped Phil, OMG I HAD SLAPPED PHIL I WAS SO DEAD! I tried to keep myself from panicking, trying to figure out the chances that I could stop them from hurting Tubbo. I had ignored Techno, I had made Wilbur mad at me, AND I had run away. I was so dead. I took a few deep breaths, before walking over to the desk with shaking legs, moving it out the way, and opening the door. 

I hope you liked this! Sorry it took a while for me to get the chapter out I was struggling with how to write it!