Chapter 8

Tommy opened the door. 

Immediately everybody froze and turned to him Wilbur stopped fighting with Techno, Techno stopped arguing with Wilbur, Phil stopped desperately trying to convince Tommy to open the door, they all stopped. And looked at him. And he was sent back into memories;

"Well don't just stand  there boy say something!" 

"YOU STUPID CHILD"

A fist in his gut. 

"You. are. a. waste. of. space." 

A slap to his face. 

"WE ONLY FOSTERED YOU FOR THE MONEY YOU FOOLISH BOY! WE NEVER CARED ABOUT YOU!" 

A knife carvings words into his side;

"FAILURE!"

"COWARD!"

"USELESS!"

"IDIOT!"

Desperately trying to protect Tubbo from everything. 

"Don't hurt him"

"I will hurt who I want you ignorant child!" 

But forgetting to protect himself in the process. 

"YOU ARE NOBODY!" 

A kick to his legs, his side, his face, his chest, punches all over his body. 

"Nobody ever cared about you!"

"Don't you ever wonder why your parents left you!?" 

"You stupid child we don't want you we just want the money!" 

"NOBODY WILL EVER LOVE YOU! YOUR PARENTS DIDN'T! NONE OF YOUR PREVIOUS FOSTERS DID! TUBBO DOESN'T! YOU WILL ALWAYS BE ALONE!" 

He looked up at Phil. 

And he broke.

Tommy flinched backwards and scrambled backwards into the corner, shaking so violently he could hardly see. 

"I... Sorry.. please... I... I... Didn't mean to... just.... protect... Tubbo... Brother... sorry... Im sorry... I..." He kept repeating the same things over and over again, and most of all repeating 'sorry'. He could hardly breath now, and he could sense Techno, Phil, and Wilbur nearby, but he couldn't do anything, panic filled his mind, and all he could do was try to calm down. He could feel tears pouring down his face, and shook his head, angry at himself for breaking down like this, for showing weakness, but there was nothing he could do. 

He felt a hand on his arm, and flinched, pulling back, but was quickly pulled into a warm embrace, and though he tried to fight it, eventually he melted into the touch, too tired to protest, he had stopped shaking now, not having enough energy to continue to panic,  and simply sat there crying, whilst the other three muttered calming words to him, attempting to soothe him. Eventually he pushed away Techno who was holding him and managed to say, "I... I'm sorry Wilbur... I didn't mean to... to not answer but... I... I'm sorry for hitting Phil and... for running upstairs.. and... I'll pack my bags," 

He realised they were not going to hurt him, but knew that this was it. They were going to send him back. He could only hope that they would send Tubbo too. He needed to be able to protect him. It was a shame, he had started to feel... not safe, never safe... but... safer. But Tubbo was the priority. Always would be. 

"What?" Phil said, shocked, "Tommy you don't have to... we aren't ever going to send you back unless you want to go, you know that right?" 

He nodded, knowing it was a lie, but that he should please Phil for now, until he stopped lying, or realised what Tommy was really like. 

"Tommy... I'm sorry... I just... I have a bit of a history of getting anxious when I don't know things and it's not an excuse but I really didn't mean to and I'm so so so sorry, you don't have to tell us anything, and I am sure Tubbo is amazing, nothing is his fault, or your fault, and you acted out of reaction by hitting Phil its ok, it wasn't even that hard and I'm so so sorry I shouldn't of shouted, I," He paused when Techno put a hand on his arm and then said, "I'm so sorry for everything, will you forgive me?" 

Tommy nodded, knowing that it would satisfy Wilbur, he realised that apology was fake, it was clear even before he said that it wasn't his fault, but that had confirmed it, everything was his fault, he had always been told so, and Wilbur only wanted him to have a false sense of security. Well it wasn't going to work on him. Wilbur seemed overjoyed at Tommy's reaction and said, "Tommy can I give you a hug?" 

Tommy shook his head frantically and Wilbur looked a little hurt, but nodded. 

"Tommy you don't have to tell us anything, but it is clear you love Tubbo a lot, and we want to help you, so anything you can tell us would be great," Phil said, calmly. 

Tommy looked at the floor and then said quietly, "I met him in... one of my first homes, at the very start, the worst one I had had, then. He was just so defeated and I promised him I would protect him. We went through the system together for 6 years, and then 8 months ago he was fostered without me, and then taken to a different group home. This is the first I have seen him since."

They all looked very surprised that he had told them, but Phil said, "Tommy, I'm glad you felt you could tell us. Tubbo was only an emergency foster placement, but I will contact them to make it permanent straight away, it is clear I cannot separate you two.  And Tommy, I promise I will never, EVER send you or Tubbo away, unless you want to go, this is your home, and you can stay here for as long as you wish, ok?" 

Tommy nodded again, trying to hide his shaking, he just wanted to go back to Tubbo and rest. 

"Do you want to come down and have dinner with us?" Phil asked. 

Tommy shook his head again.

"Would you rather just go back to your room then?" He said, sounding a little disappointed but understanding. 

Tommy nodded but couldn't help but think, 'you forgot the temporary' as he walked, shaking back to his room, and locked the door behind him. He sunk onto the soft bed, relaxing into the feel of the covers. Tubbo's chest rose and fell as he breathed, sleeping peacefully for once. Tommy was glad Tubbo was getting some sleep since his insomnia was getting worse the last time he saw him. Tubbo was a year and a bit younger than him, and if Tommy got today's date correct it was his birthday in a week. At least they would be together to celebrate it. 

Since they had met, Tommy always tried to protect Tubbo, stopping the hits and bruises and cuts and burns at the worst houses, putting some distance between him and the foster parents in the least. But all the houses were bad. He had never been in a good house. It was just a scale of how much. And Tommy had always protected him. Through everything. He was his best friend. And his little brother. And Tommy would never stop protecting him. Tubbo was all he had, and he would protect him til his last breath.

HOPE YOU LIKED THE CHAPTER!
I AM EXTREMELY HIGH!
ON SUGAR!
BUT I JUST MESSAGED MY FRIEND 'I AM EXTREMELY HIGH' SO WISH ME LUCK EXPLAINING THAT!

ALSO WHY CAN I NOT SPELL EXTREMELY!?!??!?! I HAVE HAD TO CORRECT IT LIKE 5 TIMES!