Chapter 41

********** Wilbur's pov *********

I sat in my room quietly, staring at the floor. I hadn't eaten anything in two days, at least nothing that i hadn't quickly vomited back up. I was tired, hungry, and just emotionally (and physically) exhausted from everything. I flopped back onto the bed with a groan, we went back to school today and i was dreading it, but I had to be there for Tommy and Tubbo, it was their first day after all. I tramped downstairs and forced a smile onto my face. 

"Wil! What you having for breakfast mate?" Phil called through the door at the sound of me walking down the stairs. 

"I've already eaten!" I replied cheerily, hoping nobody would call me out on my lie, "Come on we need to speed up or we are going to be late!" Dad had an early work meeting, so I was going to drive Toms and Tubs to school, with Techno of course. They quickly grabbed their already packed bags and headed to the door. Dad pulled Tommy aside to speak to him quickly, just to check in. He had woken up in the middle of last night screaming, and hyperventilating, and it had taken me staying up to play him guitar for several hours to get him back to sleep, so I suppose Dad was worried. Dad said goodbye and came over to me to give me a hug. 

"Stay safe ok Wil?" He asked me, looking me in the eye.

"I will," I responded. 

"I love you, have a good day," He said quickly, squeezing my hand. 

"You too Dad," I said, grabbing my school bag and leaving the house. Tubbo was stood by the door staring at me and Phil with a disappointed look on his face. I felt like I was missing something but I was too distracted by my own thoughts to ask him what was wrong, so I just called, "Come on Tubbo we have to go!" 

We all climbed in the car (Techno as usual was already there) and set off for school, I frowned as I heard Tommy speaking to Tubbo, something seemed off. Tommy spoke with his normal energy and cheeriness, but Tubbo responded halfheartedly, often blanking Tommy or ignoring him. What had gotten into him? We arrived at the school quickly (It was only a ten minute drive, we normally just walked) and all clambered out of the car. 

"Good luck on your first day," Techno said with a wry smile, before saluting and walking away to his first class. 

"Just go right up there, the receptionist will give you your timetable and point you in the right direction. Good luck," I said with an optimistic smile, before quickly giving Tommy a hug and leaving for my lesson. 

******* Tommy's pov ********

I put on a brave smile as I turned to Tubbo, "Come on then Tubs, lets go!" I said, trying to raise the mood. He hadn't been talking to me like usual recently and I was worried, had I done something? I had been making an attempt to speak to him more because of it - not that I had been speaking to him any less before - but he never seemed to want to speak to me. Luckily he responded with a little more enthusiasm. 

"I'm with ya, big man!" He replied, as we walked up to the front of the school. 

I opened the door to an old wrinkly woman sitting at a desk, "Hello," She croaked, "New students eh?" When we nodded she replied, "I'm Mrs Higgs, What year are you in?" She proceeded to ask us a few questions, seeming to input them into the computer before going, "Well here is a timetable each, you are in the same class, just go down the corridor and turn left, then its the third on the right,"

We thanked her and proceeded down the corridor, soon arriving at the class she had told us was ours. I took a deep breath before opening the door, Tubbo right behind me. We walked in and were immediately greeted by a teacher, "Hi! Im Miss Jenna, you must be new? Tommy and Tubbo, correct?" 

"Yes Miss," I replied as Tubbo nodded. 

"Excellent, would you like to come to the front with me and introduce yourselves?" She said, in a way that made it clear it wasn't optional. I swallowed, nodding, as we followed her up to the front of the class. I looked over to Tubbo for support, but he avoided my eyes, looking away as I tried to make eye contact. I frowned, and turned to face the class. The teacher nodded, saying, "These are the new students Tommy and Tubbo, I would like you to make them feel very welcome! Tommy, Tubbo, want to introduce yourselves?", and she gestured for me to introduce myself. 

"Hi, I'm Tommy and I'm new. I like the colour red and my favourite animal is a... cow?" I looked over at the teacher hesitantly, and she nodded encouragingly, gesturing for me to move so Tubbo could go. 

"Hi!" Tubbo began, "I'm Tubbo and I really like bees!" He said cheerfully. That was more cheerful than he sounded when talking to me. I tried not to let it hurt me, pushing it aside. The teacher directed us on where to sit, and we began the lesson, which was English. There was one person sat between Tubbo and me, and I continued to try to catch Tubbo's eye, or to whisper something to him, but he religiously ignored me, staring straight ahead. I told myself he was only trying to make a good first impression on the teacher, and didn't want to get into trouble, but I couldn't help but feel like something was dreadfully wrong, I just didn't know what it was. Not yet. 

Umm... so yeah Ive ran out of stuff to say... OMG tho i watched the like finale again that wasnt teh finale the first finale the like disk one on the mountain (DONT ASK ME TO DO WORDS OK?!?!) , and WATCHING IT WITH HINDSIGHT IS OMG ITS SO FUCKING LIKE.... LIKE PUNZ! AND YOU KNOW EVERYHTING AND... OMG ITS JUST... AHHHH!

Anyways hope you enjoyed this chapter!

Stay safe, stay happy, stay healthy, stay kind!

Word count: 1049