Chapter idk

I havent touched this for so long i cant remember much lmao...  but i will do my best

Wilburs POV

I held Tommy as he sobbed into my shoulder, his thin body trembled violently in my arms, and i stroked his hair comfortingly as I realised that he definitely had not been eating properly. Problem for another time, I thought, because right now we had to  handle the fact that he had been in a month long disassociation episode. 

Phil crouched down beside us, "Toms, is making snow's card one of the last things you remember?" He asked gently. 

"Yeah," He whispered, looking at Phil with empty eyes. 

"Its okay bud, I think you've just had a long disassociation episode, but we can fill you in on what's happened, it will be alright, okay?" Phil reassured him, as Tommy's breathing slowed down, and he stopped crying, other than the occasional hiccup. 

Tommy nodded, and then whispered, "Arti?" 

"Do you want me to go get her?" I said, quietly. 

Tommy nodded, and so I let go of him, and slowly retreated back to the living room. I glanced around quickly and couldn't spot her, so I turned to Techno, "Tech where's Arti?" I asked quietly. 

"I think shes in the cat bed," He responded, i noticed that Tubbo was grasping onto his arm tightly, but i decided that whatever had happened wasn't my business. 

"He asked for Arti?" Tubbo asked after a second, not meeting my eyes. 

"Yeah," I replied gently, as I walked over to get her, not realising where this was going. 

I picked her up, but before I turned around Tubbo said, "He asked for her and not me?" 

I froze, and Techno said, "Tubbo its probably just because Snow died and he's worried about her dying too okay, don't take it personally..." He kept speaking, reassurances that everything was okay, but I could feel Tubbo's eyes on me. I turned around slowly.

"Tubs..." I started, hesitantly, but Tubbo had already left, running up to his room. I sighed. I probably should have seen that coming. 

"Can you take Arti to Tommy?" I asked Techno, "I'm gonna go check on Tubbo," 

"Yeah, of course," Techno replied, gently taking Artichoke from my hands, "and Wil...?" He started, quietly. 

I looked up at him, confused.

"Look after yourself, okay? I know you want to help them both, we all do but... it isn't your responsibility, out yourself first, take some breaks, got that?" He said, a hint of concern in his usually monotone voice. 

"Yeah Tech," I said, with a small smile, "Got it," 

Techno left, and I walked slowly up the stairs, stopping outside Tubbo's room. 

"Tubbo?" I asked, hesitantly, unsure of how to handle this, "Can I come in?"

He didn't respond, only sniffed a little, so I slowly opened the door. Tubbo was curled up on the floor in the corner, head on his knees. 

"He always picks me," Tubbo whispered, "Throughout everything, I was always there. I always helped him, he always helped me. He always asked for ME. It was 'Tommy and Tubbo against the world'. And..."

He trailed off, looking away, and sniffing again. 

I sighed, "Tubbo, Tommy always has, and always will, love you, okay? Dont for a second think that he doesnt love you, or that he cares about you any less now. The thing is, for the first time, you both have more than just each other now." Tubbo looked up at me, and I thought I saw a hint of hope in his eyes, "I know that its been just you two together for so long, but now you have me and Dad and Techno, and you dont NEED to rely on only each other anymore. yeah? I am always here for you, and you dont always need to look after Tommy, and help him. Likewise he doesnt always need to be the one to help you. You havent been replaced Tubbo, but let somebody else take care of both of you for once, okay?" 

I paused, hoping that I had said the right thing. 

Tubbo seemed to consider this, not moving for a second, before responding in a whisper, "Thank you Wilby," 

I smiled gently, as I enveloped him in a hug. I whispered into his ear, "Anything for you, my little bumblebee," 

Tommy's pov

After a few hours, of Techno and Phil sitting with me as I stroked Arti I turned to them, "Where's Tubbo?" 

"He's upstairs with Wil, calming down," Phil replied, gently and I could tell he was watching me carefully. 

I immediately started to stand up, "I have to go- i need to make sure he's okay, where is he, is he in his room? What happened is he alright i need to-" 

"Tommy, sit down," Techno said, firmly but gently at the same time. "Tubbo's fine, okay? Wil's with him, and theyre both okay. You dont need to look after him all the time, let us do that for once, yeah? And you can just... be a kid again." 

Be a kid again?

I thought about this. It had always been me and Tubbo though. Us against the world. But today i had asked for Arti. I had been alright with Techno and Wilbur and Phil. Maybe Techno was right, they could look after us. It wasnt just us anymore. And maybe I had started to accept this already, more than I thought?

"He's okay though, right?" I said hesitantly, just to check. 

"He's fine Toms," Phil said, calmly, and I sat back down, leaning on Phil's shoulder. 

We sat there in silence for a while, before I said, "Can I go speak to Tubbo?" 

"Yeah of course," Phil replied, "Everything okay?" Concern creased his brow. 

"Yeah I just... have something to discuss with him." I said, slowly.

"Let's go then Theseus." Techno said, standing up. 

"Theseus?" I questioned. 

"He was a character in greek mythology, a bit like you, he didn't give up." Techno explained. 

"Oh," I said, "Thanks Tech," Theseus. I liked it. 

We walked up the stairs, and I knocked on Tubbo's door. 

"Come in!" I heard him call. I could tell from his voice he had been crying, but he seemed okay now? I entered the room, slightly nervous suddenly. Of what I wasn't sure, it was just Tubbo. But I think maybe I was more scared that he wouldn't agree with me, when I told him what I was thinking. I had been so lost in my own thoughts, I hadn't noticed the others leave the room. 

Tubbo looked worried, "Techno said you wanted to speak to me?" He asked, slowly.

"Tubbo..." I hesitated, "What do you think of them?" He instantly understood what I meant, of course. 

Tubbo paused, "I like them. I like Techno's humour and Wil's music and Phil's cooking. But more than that." He paused again, looking at me hesitantly, before whispering, "They make me feel safe." 

"Yeah," I said, quietly, the words 'be a kid again' echoing around my head, "Yeah, me too." 

"They said they wont send us back," Tubbo stated, looking at me with worry. 

"They did," I responded. 

"Do you think they mean it?" Tubbo said, meeting my eyes and looking at me with that same look he had when we first went into the foster system, and he asked me if everything would be okay. 

Except this time the answer was different. 

"Yeah." I said, with a peaceful smile, "Yeah Tubs, I think they do," 

I'm quite proud of this lmao but also I havent even thought about this story for like MONTHS so let me know if ive forgotten anything or whatever haha

Im gonna probably read some of it through to remember but until then I though I should give you something lmao

anyways enjoyyyy

and as always, stay safe, stay happy, stay healthy, stay kind :)

Love y'all <3

Word count: 1308