Chapter 59

TW: before you read, this chapter contains some heavy stuff, i don't want to say what cause it could ruin the plot, but please read carefully. If you feel like you can't read it there is a summary in the comments of this paragraph. Please be careful, you're welfare matters more. 

Stay safe <3

******* Wilbur's pov ********

The night before had been great.

Not brilliant.

But good.

Nice.

Relaxing.

That sweet kind of happiness that wasn't unusual, it wasn't because of some great event, it just seemed normal, but it was safe, and comforting, and familiar. 

It was content.

Snow still wasn't any better, but Tommy and Tubbo had been up to their usual antics, and it kept me distracted from it all.

Partly at least. 

There was always that voice in the back of my mind that whispered:

She's going to die. 

You can't help her. 

You've failed her. 

She's alone. 

You're alone.

I had done my best to ignore it.

And it had worked. 

I had spent the night laughing, and playing, enjoying spending time with my brothers and my dad, spending time with my family, everything had seemed alright I thought it would be alright they said it would be ok but it wasn't ok it wasn't ok nothing was ok. 

But it had been.

I had forgotten for just a minute the looming doom that never left, I had let go and enjoyed the night with my family, I had been laughing, having fun. 

FUCKING HAVING FUN. I HAD BEEN FUCKING HAPPY. WHY DID THIS HAVE TO HAPPEN!? I HAD BEEN FUCKING HAPPY FOR ONCE I WAS FUCKING HAPPY!

I woke up in the middle night in a cold sweat.

I climbed out of bed slowly.

Something was wrong. 

I grabbed my dressing gown from the hook on my door. 

You could easily hang a rope from that hook. 

A noose. 

You know what you can do with a noose?

I opened the door. 

I crept silently along the corridor. 

Tubbo's door was cracked open slightly. 

I could see through the door, he was awake. 

Reading his book. 

He was always awake. 

Was that healthy?

That probably wasn't healthy. 

Maybe Somebody should ask Phil.