Chapter 37

OK BEFORE I START I HAVE NEVER HAD THERAPY BEFORE MY ONLY KNOWLEDGE IS FROM READING OTHER FICS SO IF THIS IS ALL WRONG I AM VERY SORRY! 

*********** Tommy's pov ************

I tapped my hands nervously, my noise cancelling headphones over my ears. We were driving to the therapy Phil had signed us up for. He said that we were going to go as a family first, if that would help me and Tubbo to be more comfortable. As much as I hated to admit it, I was terrified. I didn't know what to expect, and I didn't want them to force me to talk, and I didn't want to talk about the basement. I didn't want to think about the basement. My hands started to shake, so I tried to think about something else. Tubbo said we were going to go to an aquarium? With Sapnap?

"Hey Tubs?" I said quietly. He turned to me, "What did you say about going to an aquarium?" 

"Oh yeah! Sapnap said that me and you and him could go to an aquarium! If Phil lets us of course," He said, looking excited. 

I grinned, perking up instantly, "That sounds so cool! I've never been to an aquarium before!" 

"I know! I'm so excited!" 

Before we could say anything else on the subject Phil cut in saying, "Boys were here!" 

I nodded, unstrapping my seat belt and climbing out of the car. Me and Tubbo walked round the car to the other side where Wil, Techno and Phil were stood, and I grabbed Tubbo's hand nervously. 

Phil led us all into a small, cosy waiting room, where we sat down until it was time for our session, which was in fifteen minutes. Tommy relaxed as they sat there, the lights were dim and were tinted pink, like the walls, and there was a large bucket full of fidget toys with a sign saying 'Please feel free to use whilst you wait!' I grabbed one, and so did Tubbo, before we sat down, upon which Tubbo and Wil began to chat, and Techno and Phil read their books. I felt my thoughts go fuzzy, and a second later Phil was shaking me, saying "Mate? You alright?" 

I shook myself and said, "yeah sorry just zoned out a little," 

"Ok," Phil seemed doubtful, and still wore the worried expression, but he continued, "Well mate its time, come on lets go," 

I grabbed Tubbo's hand again as we walked in, and he looked up at me nervously. I gave him a smile, and tried to act confident for him. 

"Hi, take a seat," A kind voice said from the corner. I looked up to see a man about Phil's age sitting on one of those spinning chairs, smiling, but not in a scary way, I genuinely felt if I could trust him, which didn't often happen. This gave me some confidence as I sat down on a comfy chair between Phil and Tubbo, Wilbur sitting down next to Phil, and Techno sitting down beside Tubbo. I glanced up at Phil nervously and he gave me a smile, letting me know I didn't need to be afraid. 

I hated how attached I had become. I hated how when I was scared my first instinct was to run into Phil's arms. I hated how I felt that if I was upset I could turn to Wilbur. I hated how I would trust Techno with my life. But I realised that maybe that wasn't a bad thing?

"Hi! I'm Dr Simmons it's nice to meet you all!" He sounded genuinely happy to see us, so I smiled at him, before he said, "Ok, before we begin, does anyone have any boundaries that they want to share, or anything that I could do to help make then feel more comfortable?" 

"Umm don't touch me without asking if that's ok?" Techno said, sounding unsure. I knew Techno was just as nervous as we were, "Umm i don't think theres anything else..."

"Me too please," I spoke up, "And umm... could we leave the door open?"

"Sure," He said with a smile, "Would it be alright if I asked why that was?"