Chapter 28

*********** Phil's pov **********

I flinched as my skin was pierced by that cursed knife once again, its cold, sharp blade digging into my flesh. 

"Ready to speak yet, Phil?" The man said, spitting my name like it was venom. 

"I've told you," I pleaded, my voice hoarse, "I don't know! Please, Please, let me go!" All I could think about was the boys. They had no idea what happened, what if they thought I had abandoned them! What if they got kidnapped too! I just hoped that Techno had called Scott like I had told him he should in situations like this.

"Hmmm. I think not. Well, since pain doesn't seem to convince you, how about we try something else, yeah? Bob! Bring him in!" 

My eyes opened wide in realisation, and I felt my heart stop beating, as I saw a man dragging Tommy into the room. 

"Phil!" he exclaimed, trying to break free of the man's (Bob I believe he was called) firm grip, desperate to reach me. I watched in horror, unable to speak, as they shoved him roughly into a chair and bound his arms behind it. "Phil help!" He said, a look of terror on his face. 

"Toms, listen to me ok, I can't help you now. I'm sorry, there's nothing I can do, but help is coming ok? We just need to hang on. I'm so so sorry you were dragged into this Tommy," 

He nodded, and I turned to the man who stood above me grinning evilly, "Please, don't hurt him, do what you want to me, but don't hurt him, please!" 

"Sorry, no can do," The man said, with a smirk, as he walked over to Tommy. He crouched down so that his eyes were level with Tommy's and said, "So, Tommy, let me tell you what's happening here. Your dad has some important information that we need. All he needs to do, is tell us, and once we have checked if it is correct, you can go, ok? Since he doesn't seem to respond to pain we are going to use you to convince him. Consider this a test, to see if he really loves you,"

"Tommy, I promise you, I don't know the information they want," 

Tommy took a deep breath and then said, "It's ok Phil, I can take it." 

"Tommy..." 

"Phil. If you don't know then there is nothing you can do. I will be fine. I've had much worse than anything they can do." 

I took in his confident face, however I didn't miss the way his leg shook, or the side glances filled with terror he threw at the man next to him, or the way he flinched at every noise. I saw through his facade, but I had to give him confidence, so I nodded, not pointing it out. 

"Well then," The man said, in that cold, calculating, "after that... touching, family reunion, let's get started. Shall we?" He took a step forward, and Tommy flinched. The man beside Tommy untied his arms and held them tightly. He took out from behind his back, a long, sharp knife. The exact same knife he had been using to carve into my skin a few minutes earlier. He set the knife against Tommy's skin. I saw him shiver. Then he pushed down, dragging it across Tommy's bare arms. 

Tommy gasped, attempting to pull his arm away, but the man to the side of him gripped onto it hard, holding him firmly. "Well Phil? Anything to say?" "I don't know the information you want. I'm sorry Tommy."  And the knife cut through his flesh once more. 

Now that I looked at Tommy's arms, I noticed other cuts, that looked older, but still quite fresh, about a few days old, stretching the length of his arms. But how could he have got those? Unless... He hadn't been... self harming, had he? I shook my head, I couldn't think about this now, I had to stay focused, and stay calm. For Tommy. He deserved that much at least. 

********* Tommy's pov **********

I gasped as the knife cut into my flesh for the second time. Phil looked shocked, his face pale and un-moving, it gave him the impression of being dead, but I knew he wasn't from his shallow breaths. I tried to focus on Phil, to ignore the knife that was slicing into me at this very moment, but as it pierced my skin once more, it was impossible to ignore the fresh wave of agony that came with it. It was a lot different when it wasn't you doing the cutting. And they were cutting way deeper than I ever had. Streams of blood ran down my arm, pouring out of the three cuts he had made so far. The coldness of the metal shocked me, and was almost more painful than the knife itself. I felt the knife be withdrawn, and then placed on my skin again, ready for cut four. Memories threatened to flood my mind, but I could not allow my self to panic here, a panic attack was the worst possible thing that could happen right now, so I forced the memories away the best I could, staring fixedly at Phil's shoes. I took a few deep breaths as he cut into my arm once more, the sound of him speaking to Phil ringing in my ears like a language that I vaguely knew but could not quite decipher. This pattern of cutting, speaking to Phil with the blade resting against my skin, and then cutting once more, seemed to go on for hours, with Phil checking in on me the best he could, to which I would always reply with a 'I'm fine'. I didn't want to worry him. Although it was nice to see how he cared. Eventually, after seemingly endless torture, it ended, and they left, leaving me and Phil alone, in silence, arms bound once again behind the chair.

We sat in silence for a few minutes, neither of us really knowing what to say, after all, nobody ever really expects to be trapped in a basement being tortured for information on a Friday afternoon do they? But then Phil said the worst thing he could have possibly said.

"Tommy?" He asked, tentatively, "Have you been self harming?"

This is so fun to write you have no idea. I enjoy torture scenes. Haha i'm only slightly psychopathic 😈 anyways hope you enjoyed. ALSOOOO.... I need a name for a female character that comes in later... Help?! Otherwise she shall be called Barbra. Please. I don't want to have to name a character Barbra but it has been said now. Also the effort of finding another name... to much. So yeah any ideas?

Stay safe, stay healthy, stay happy. Remember you are loved!

Word count: 1136