Chapter 35

*********** Tubbo's pov************

I was sat quietly on my bed, fidgeting with the corner of the duvet, when I saw Tommy sprinting down the drive, with bare feet and lacking any jumper or coat. I immediately ran downstairs, grabbing my phone and pulling on my shoes, before running out into the cold, after him. 

As I ran I pulled out my phone and clicked onto Phil's contact, struggling to keep up whilst looking at my phone. I clicked call and put it on speaker as I raced through the dark streets, keeping my eyes firmly trained on Tommy's quickly disappearing figure. The phone rang out into the silence as I continued to sprint, but soon went on to voice mail. I let out a noise of annoyance, and tried Wilbur. He didn't pick up either. All the messing with the phone was slowing me down, and I was panicking, my heart racing almost as fast as I was having to sprint. Tommy was getting away from me, and I redoubled my efforts. He had always been faster than me. Back when we were kids and we had raced across the corridor in the orphanage whilst on the way to breakfast. He would always beat me. Other than the one time I won on my birthday. But thinking back on it now he probably let me win. I let out a sob as I clicked onto Techno's contact. I couldn't lose Tommy. I couldn't. I needed him. I NEEDED him! Could he not see that!?

The phone rang out over my sobs as I ran. It kept ringing. Just as I thought it was about to go to voicemail, Techno answered the phone. 

"Tubbo? You ok?" He said, sounding slightly drowsy. 

"Tech!" I sobbed, "Tommy! He... He's run off and... I'm trying to follow him but... but I can't... He's too fast and... I'm sorry!" 

"Hey hey its ok Tubbo," He said, sounding suddenly very alert. I heard the sound of footsteps through the phone as he spoke, "I'm going to wake up Dad and Wilbur, you're doing great Tubbo. Do you know where you are?" 

"No, I," I couldn't continue as my breaths quickened. 

"Hey, Tubs I need you to stay calm ok buddy? Don't worry I can track your phone. Tommy is going to be ok, alright?" 

I nodded, and then realised he couldn't see me, so I choked out, "Yeah," 

I heard Phil speaking to Techno over the phone as I ran, but I couldn't make out the words. I was fully focused on getting to Tommy. I had to reach him. 

"Hi mate its Phil, we are gonna drive there and help ok? It's going to be alright," 

I couldn't bring myself to say anything this time, I was unable to speak through my sobs. 

Then I noticed something. 

"Tech!?" I exclaimed, urgently. 

"Techno's gone to wake Wil, what is it?" Phil said patiently. 

"The phone's on 2 percent. I forgot to put it on charge tonight. I'm so STUPID!" I said angrily. 

Tommy was out of sight. He was a good way in front of me. I had no idea which way he had gone. And the phone was about to die. I had messed up. 

"Oh shit." Phil said, "Ok mate it will probably die but we are gonna drive to where you are now and we will be able to find you and Tommy ok? You are going to be ok. You can do this Tubbo. I'm so sorry I'm not there," 

"Dad don't go," I sobbed, "I can't do it by myself!" 

"Tubs I wish I could stay but it's going to die. Be brave Tubbo. I love..." And the screen went black. 

I forced my legs to move faster, determination filling me as the adrenaline mounted. My feet pounded against the floor, like the rhythm of a drum, it seemed to be counting down. 

I rounded a corner, and what I saw shocked me. Tommy was stood on the edge of the bridge, muttering to himself and looked like he was about to jump. Emotions flooded me, concern, fear, panic. And anger. 

"TOMMY DON'T YOU FUCKING DARE!" I screamed at him. 

He turned to face me, his face showing a million emotions at once. "D...don't... don't come near!" He stuttered, his face stained with tears.

"Tommy please get away from there," I said, calmly, despite my pounding heart. 

He stared at me for a second before saying, "I can't," His voice was weak and feeble, and seemed to be crying out in pain. 

"Please Toms? You can't die today," I asked him, speaking softly, and slowly edging towards him. 

"Why not? I... what... I don't want to live any more Tubbo," he whispered, and i felt my heart break at the sorrow in his eyes.

"But Tommy you have so many reasons to live. You have a family now! Wilbur and Techno and Phil and they would all miss you so much if you were gone! And you have things to do and places to see! You have a good life ahead of you! Sapnap promised to take us to see some fish in an aquarium! Wilbur agreed he would teach us guitar! You can't go! And you've got me. You always have me. I'm always here for you. We're in this together remember? Toms..." I hesitated for a second before continuing, "I need you Tommy. Please don't go," 

Tommy said nothing for a second, "I don't want to go back there Tubbo. I'll just end up back there. I can't go back. Can't go back. Can't go back." His voice died down as he spoke, but it was filled with fear throughout. More fear than I had ever heard from him. 

"You won't go back there Tommy. You're with us now. You're safe." I remember what Scott said about the man who ran it and continued, "And you can't, Edward is dead remember?" 

"And it's my fault!" Tommy shouted, wrapping his arms around himself repeating the same thing over and over, "I'm a killer. I killed him. I'm a killer. I killed him. I'm a killer."

"You're not a killer Tommy! You didn't shoot the gun! You didn't pull the trigger! You didn't force him to torture you! He died because of HIS OWN actions! IT WASN'T YOUR FAULT!" my voice rose, ending in a shout, and Tommy's face paled. He looked afraid. 

"I'm sorry for shouting Toms. But please. We can help you. But I need you Tommy. You can't die yet. You can't leave me," My voice broke, and Tommy stared at me for a second, before stepping away from the edge, slowly. 

I ran towards him, enveloping him in a massive hug, collapsing to the floor and rocking him in my arms as we both cried. We were only young, and for now, until Phil got here, we were alone. But we would be ok. 

Things can change in the flip of a switch.

Hopefully now they will change for the better. 

ITS THE LINE! Anywaysss...

Hellooooo! So... I might have possibly broken my finger... two fingers actually... but umm yeah so I'm still gonna update this but  typing is kinda hard so they might take a little longer to come out just warning you. Anywaysssss MORE ANGST! hope you liked it!

Stay safe, stay healthy, stay happy, stay kind! 

Word count: 1223