Chapter 14

********* TOMMY POV*********

We had played minecraft for a while before I fell asleep, and when I woke, the car had stopped, and I saw Tubbo with his head on Techno's arm. I sat up slowly, trying not to wake him, and when Techno saw me, he smiled. 

"We've only just arrived, we were planning on sending Phil out to get fish and chips take away. Will Tubbo like that?" 

I nodded. Tubbo had only had fish and chips once. Puffy had taken me and him out of a particularly bad house, and got us fish and chips on the way back to try and cheer us up. Tubbo had absolutely loved it. 

"Yeah. He loves fish and chips. We've only had it once but I think it is one of his favourite foods," I said softly. 

"I'll get you a portion each then, yeah?" Phil asked me. 

"Umm... I'm not that hungry, so me and Tubbo can share." I said, hoping he wouldn't question it. He frowned but said nothing about it, other than,

"Ok. I'll go now." And he left to go get the food. 

We sat in the car in silence, Techno reading, and me watching Tubbo. Wilbur was silent in the front, fidgeting with his hands and looking awkward. I watched him, trying to work my way up to asking him to play his guitar for me. I had heard him play it through the walls of our room, and it was amazing. He looked back, and noticed me staring at him.

"You ok Toms?" He asked me, gently. 

"Yeah... I... Could you possibly play your guitar for me? it's ok if you don't want to but I heard it through the wall and I really liked it and I'm sorry I shouldn't have asked, I'm sorry I won't ask again, I'm sorry!" I said super fast, panicking at the end, and covering my head, tears streaming down my face. I knew I screwed up. That was it. Phil would come back, and drive us back to the orphanage. And I would probably be split up from Tubbo. Why would I EVER break one of the rules, I was so stupid!

"Tommy, It's ok, I'm not mad." Wilbur said, as I slowly stopped crying.

"Tommy... If you don't mind me asking, why did you think I would get angry at you for that?" Techno asked gently. 

I stared at them in shock. Did they not know the rules? They weren't being serious were they... this must be a test. They wanted me to tell them what I did wrong. 

"It's just a rule. I'm not allowed to ask questions." I stated, sniffling. 

I felt Tubbo stir next to me, and knew he was waking up. Wilbur and Techno were looking at me in shock. 

"Tommy," Techno started, "Nobody will ever tell you off for asking questions. EVER. ok? Do you understand?" He said gently. 

I nodded, confused, and WIlbur said, "How about I go and get my guitar from the boot, and I can play for you? That sound good?" I nodded, smiling, even though my hands were still trembling. 

Wilbur went to get his guitar, and I rested my head on Tubbo's shoulder. He opened his eyes, and said sleepily, "Hi Toms," 

"Hi Tubster," I murmered in reply, "WIlbur has just gone to get his guitar from the boot. He is going to play us something. And Phil has gone to get fish and Chips." 

Tubbo smiled, "I love fish and chips!" He said happily, rubbings the sleep from his eyes. He suddenly seemed to realise he was leaning on Techno, and sat up quickly, saying, "Sorry, I'm so sorry, I'm sorry I wont do it again, I'm sorry," 

"It's ok kid," Techno said, smiling at Tubbo, and Tubbo smiled back, resting his head on Techno's arm again. I saw the happiness on both of their faces when this happened, and I thought, 'maybe this really is the one' smiling to myself, and closing my eyes. Wilbur opened the door and climbed back into the front of the car, guitar in hand.