Chapter 15

********** TUBBO POV **********

We quickly finished eating, and I was pleased to see that Tommy had eaten more than he usually would. Not a reasonable amount, but it was an improvement. Once we had all finished eating, I saw Wilbur give Techno a mischievous look. 

"No. Wilbur. No." Techno said, sternly. Wilbur turned to Tommy. 

"Tommy, please could I touch you?" He asked politely, mischief glinting in his eye. 

"Ok...? Why would that be..." He began, but Wilbur had already scooped him up into his arms. Tommy flinched at the sudden movement, which Wilbur apologised for, and then he started to run down the beach towards the sea. 

"We should probably go and save him." Techno said, monotonously. 

I replied, "Yeah..." 

And then I saw him grin. "However..." He began. 

"Technoblade..." I said, warningly. 

He didn't ask to touch me like Wilbur had, they knew I didn't mind. Instead he quickly scooped me up in his arms and started running to catch up with Wilbur. 

"Phil! Help me!" I pleaded, as Techno started to sprint down the beach. 

"Sorry mate! I won't be able to catch Techno!" He called back, laughing. 

Techno quickly caught up with Wilbur, reaching him just as Wilbur arrived at the sea. They looked at each other, grinning. 

"Tubbo. I have resigned myself to my fate." Tommy said, glumly, though I could tell he was enjoying it. 

I laughed, "Me too, Tommy," 

The two older boys looked at us, and then each other again. They had waded out to be almost at waist height, and were getting completely soaked, although it was nothing compared to what was coming for us. 

"Ready Techno?" Wilbur asked, cheekily. 

"Ready. One, Two, Three!" They chucked us into the cold, salty water. I briefly heard Tommy scream, before I was submerged, all sound drowned out, other than the waves, crashing down onto the shore. I briefly thought about how I could just not come up to the surface, stay down there, forever, until the oxygen in my lungs was no longer enough for my brain to continue to function. But no, I had Tommy now. And he never had to know what almost happened, the day I had been sent to the Watsons. Never. 

My feet touched the floor, and I pushed myself upwards, gasping for air. I saw Tommy looking around for me, smiling when he saw me, and letting out a laugh. 

"What do you think of the sea then Tubbo?" He asked me. 

"I like it. Brilliant first experience, you?" 

"Loved it." He said, chuckling. 

"Wait you have never been in the sea before?!" Wilbur asked me, looking shocked. 

I felt a little ruffled, "Yeah, well some of us haven't had people who would be willing to take us, Wilbur," I said, emphasising his name a little, my voice tinged with venom. 

"I'm sorry," He said, hardly audibly. 

I softened. He didn't mean it, and it wasn't his fault, "Don't be, it isn't your fault," I replied, quietly. 

Technoblade rolled his eyes. "Now that we are done with all the emotional shit, can we have some fun?!" He joked, trying to lighten the mood. 

Tommy laughed, "Yes Technoblade, big man, we can," 

Technoblade turned to him, and pushed him into the water, where he burst out a few seconds later, spluttering and indignant.

"EXCUSE ME!?" Tommy exclaimed. 

I could see that he wasn't going to respond by pushing back, and I knew that Wilbur and Techno could see it too. Although, I knew he wouldn't mind if it was me...

"Teams! Water fight! Me and Wil, versus, Tommy and Tech. Ready go!" I said loudly, lifting my hand into the air dramatically. 

"Oh, you're on, Tubbo," Tommy said, before pouncing on me, laughing, and pushing me into the water. I wrestled with him, laughing too, and out of the corner of my eyes, I could see Techno and Wilbur doing the same. I smiled happily. For the first time, I finally felt... content. 

******* TOMMY POV ********

After almost two hours of wrestling with each other in the water, we all trudged back up to Phil, thoroughly soaked, but laughing together. Phil smiled as we approached. snapping yet another picture on his phone. 

"ready to go to the hotel? It's getting late," He asked us, cheerfully. I was surprised that he wasn't mad because our clothes were wet, luckily not our shoes as we had left them with Phil, but the rest were soaked, but he didn't seem to mind. God I really didn't get this family. We all nodded, and put on our shoes. 

"Luckily," Phil said, "Our hotel is near here, only about five minutes away, so we won't soak the car," He said, chuckling. 

We started to walk, Me and Tubbo walking in the middle, Phil leading the way, and Techno and Wilbur following them. As we walked we joked, I tickled Tubbo and boasted about mine and Techno's glorious victory. Then, I looked up, and saw a man across the street, staring at me. A man that I recognised. 

"Don't speak back to me boy! Do as you are told! I told you both to be back from school by 3:50. And you arrived back at 3:55. You have it coming for you now!"

"Wait! Please don't hurt him!" 

"You don't want me to hurt Tubbo? Your precious brother? Fine. You can take his beating anyways. You are much more annoying and useless than him, so it is well deserved."

A fist flying towards his face. He was pushed to the floor, and kicked in the ribs. Over. And over. And over. The boot collided with his head and sent his vision spinning. He was hoisted upwards by his shirt and punched in the face, once, twice, three times, four times. Time blurred together into an millennia of pain. Then after what seemed like hours; he was dropped to the floor. He thought it was finally over, he thought he could get a break from the agony. He noticed that Tubbo was still cowering in the corner, not daring to say or do anything. They had both been beaten before and if either of them interfered it only made it worse. Then the man came back. This time he was carrying a massive carving knife. He picked Tommy up by the shirt again and slammed him against the wall, using one hand to pin his shoulder to it to keep him upright, he lifted the shirt and began to carve, excruciatingly, into his stomach. 

"F for being so fucking useless. A for always messing everything up. I for ignoring the needs and wants of everybody else, and ignoring your orders from me. L for living. And ruining everybody's lives that have you in it. F. A. I. L. FAIL."

He chucked the knife onto the floor, grabbed his lighter from his pocket, and lit it. Then grabbed Tommy's hand and held it in the flame until it was blistering. He did the same to the other hand, and his ribs, before grabbing the knife, stabbing it hard into his side, and walking away. 

Throughout all this Tommy had been screaming, he could faintly hear Tubbo crying in the background, and he could hardly recognise the screams as his own. Later, the police were called by the neighbours, who heard everything. That had been the last house him and Tubbo were in together. Tubbo got sent away to another one, alone, whilst he was recovering in hospital. They had never caught the man. He hadn't been found. 

Until now. I stared at the man. Shaking. The man stared back. Grinning. Then, the man shouted something I couldn't understand. I pushed Tubbo into Technoblade. He would keep my brother safe. And then, I ran. 

I TOLD YOU THERE WOULD BE ANGST SOOOON! I am gonna stop spoiling the book here now. Would you guys rather I wrote angst or fluff? I had angst planned but I might do fluff, what would you preferrrrrrrr?

Word count: 1332